Bubblegum Betty

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Raspberries are So Sweet! (Week 7) And a Spring Break Re-Cap

And so it begins...

It's spring break week and the first thing I did when I woke up on Monday morning (early...like 3:30) was run to the bathroom.  I proceeded to go two more times before Cody got up for work at 7:00.  I didn't throw-up...so I'll let you guess what this sweet little raspberry was causing me to do!  I got up when Cody did and went straight to the kitchen to grab some crackers that I had bought just in case and ate a big handful because I was so weak and so hungry.  I felt better and by 8:30 I made some oatmeal for breakfast.  I took one bite of it and it was not what the baby wanted.  It tasted horrible to me...and oatmeal is my favorite!  So, I called Cody to see if he would run and get me a loaf of bread so I could make some toast.  And before he could get home, I did throw-up.  Sorry...it's gross...but it happened.  I think I had drank too much water on an empty, weak stomach and I just couldn't handle the sloshy, water-logged business.  So, thankfully, that's all I threw-up was water.  And then I felt like I champ.  Cody walked in the door as soon as I came out of the bathroom and I immediately made some toast and felt even better.  So, then I cleaned house...slowly.  And proceeded to eat some more bread for a snack and a sandwich for lunch and for dinner.  There was no working out for me this day.  I figured since I had gotten sick and I had cleaned house, that was enough for one day.

Tuesday-Friday I was able to go up to the gym with Cody around 10:30 and do a WOD.  It was nice to be able to CrossFit on my own time and go at my own pace.  It was also really fun to go up there with Cody.  We didn't do the same WOD, he's doing the Invictus WODs and competition training.  But, it was nice to be up there at the same time and see him in the middle of the day.  You know...since I'm a little slower now than I used to be!  It's hard when you're a competitive athlete to take it easy when there are other people around.  So, it was nice for me to be alone and figure out the pace that works best for me during these next few tender weeks.  I'm still getting to WOD and still doing everything RXd...so if taking it easy and going slower is all I have to worry about...I'll count my blessings!  I also didn't really do anything fun over spring break.  Cody was working and I was recovering from Monday.  Which, now, after it's all said and done, I think I had a stomach bug and not morning sickness or nausea.  I haven't had anymore of that since the Monday-Thursday of Spring Break, just some uneasiness of my stomach.  But, Friday-Sunday I was so tired and weak from the four days of being down and out, that I didn't do anything except continue to lay around the house and rest and relax.  I did go with my mom the weekend before spring break to see my Mimi.  And I took Faith of course!  She was the princess and only child for the weekend...and she was in doggie heaven!  She went everywhere with me: the grocery store, to get coffee, on a Sonic run, on a Blizzard run (for my mom) and she got a cookie (doggie treat), and then we went for about a two mile walk downtown around a really pretty walking trail.  It was a fun, relaxing weekend!  We also went to Perini's on Tuesday night to celebrate Jen's 27th birthday!  It was so fun to see the Harrison family and celebrate precious, beautiful Jen!  I did, however, miss Josh's surprise 30th birthday the last weekend of Srping Break.  I was still recovering from being sick, and at that time was still afraid it was from the baby and didn't know when it might spring up on me.  So, I decided to stay home just in case.  But they had a great time and Josh was very surprised!  They had lunch at Chimy's in Ft. Worth on Saturday, then headed back to the Harrison's for the rest of the weekend and grilled out and just hung out.  I'm sad I missed it...but I'm so glad that Josh had an amazing 30th b-day!  So, really all I did over Spring Break was clean house, CrossFit, and lay around!

Week 7 Symptoms:

  • Cravings - bread, hot dogs (with veggie dogs), chips, pancakes, banana splits, grapes, cereal
  • Morning sickness, nausea, stomach bug...who really knows...but it was miserable
  • Absolutely, completely exhausted!
  • Food aversions - vegetables (which I love), meat, gum, mints
  • I also don't want anything I ate the day before except for bread and eggs
Only 33 more weeks to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment