Bubblegum Betty

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stressed OUT!!!

Holy molly....this past week has been one huge ball of stress!!!  I'm not sure what exactly it is about the end of the school year that makes everyone go bonkers...but something is definitely in the air!  I feel like I have been going a mile a minute and I can't seem to find the time to just sit down and breathe.  There are only two weeks of school left and you would think that it would be relaxing and just tying up loose ends.  On the contrary!  I'm the technology coordinator for our district as well as a teacher and it is crazy!  There are banquets, meetings, observations, evaluations, graduation, etc. going on almost at the same time.  I also have to fix any internet, computer, or printer problem that needs attending to...and this is the time of the year that it all seems to need attention!  We have also been having some VERY frustrating Internet problems at home.  Which wouldn't really be all too bad except for the fact that I'm going back to school...ONLINE!  After about a month of trying to get a technician out to our house to fix the wiring, one finally came this past Monday.  He was supposed to be here between noon and four.  So, I took off of work so that I could make sure that someone was home whenever he came to fix everything.  Well...he came at 6!  So, basically, I took of work for nothing because I get home from Blackwell at 4:30 and then I go work out.  I would have had time to do all of this...but no...I took a personal day to sit and wait all day!  By the way...I'm not really a fan of having to wait on people!  Needless to say, this is probably what started off my week with being so stressful.  I also started my next class this past Monday.  It's always hard that first week trying to figure out the content of the course, how the teacher grades, how the people in your group do their work and respond to yours, etc.  I actually just turned in an assignment and it was one of those moments that I just thought to myself if I had even done a little bit of it right.  I always doubt myself during the first week of class, and I'm somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to things.  I got mad not too long ago because I had made a 92 on one of my assignments.  I guess I need to not be so hard on myself...apparently it only adds to my stress.  It's also been pretty challenging trying to get used to Cody working 14 hour days 7 days a week.  We are both so very thankful for the hail storm that happened on Easter Sunday.  It just takes a little while to get used to not seeing each other very much.  The thing that frustrates me is that when I get super stressed (like I am at the moment) I seem to have a major lack of patience for everything going on around me.  I know that this is a time for me to realize my faults and remember that God is trying to use times like these to help me grow.  So, when I opened up my Bible and found this verse, it really took my breathe away at how God was speaking to me in my very moment of doubt, frustration, stress, and really just letting the enemy get the best of me.  Here's my new favorite verse...I hope that it helps all of you as well!  XOXO

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble on it's own."  Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment