Bubblegum Betty

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Girls Night!!!

Sometimes, the only thing a girl really needs is to spend time with her besties!!!  So...that's exactly what I did last Saturday night with two of my bestest friends!  Because our boys were at Boot Camp, Bria, Britain, and I thought it would be the perfect time for us to have girl talk, wine tasting, and hors d'oeuvres at Bria's house.  Then we all went to see a movie with a few other precious girlies from our life group, Krystina and Jessica.  And Jessica's mom came too...she was so sweet and it was so good to meet her!  We saw Bridesmaids...HILARIOUS!!!  You must go see this with your girlfriends...I believe that we have taken some very good  one liners from that movie! 

So...about this wine tasting.  I do enjoy having a glass of wine on occasion.  Especially if I'm hanging out with friends or we go out to eat a nice restaurant or if we are on vacation.  I really don't have a glass of wine or any other type of cocktail when we just eat at home, just the two of us.  Although, sometimes it is such a wonderful way to relax or enjoy with a nice meal at home...or just because!  Anyways, when I buy wine for my self it's the cheap, super sweet kind!  I think it's because that my favorite kinds of cocktails are also super sweet.  Margaritas, Mojoito's, Apple Martini's, Cosmopolitan's (thank you Sex and the City!)...they are all surgery and oh so delicious!  I think I just like sweet stuff and so sweet wines are usually all I buy...I don't venture out into the unknown!  But thank goodness that one of my best friends is a wine connoisseur!  Whenever Brent and Bria lived in California, she found a job working at one of the hundreds of beautiful winery's.  She loves wine and the history behind it, so it was the perfect job for her while they were there!  While she was working at this winery, she learned even more about wine and that's how our wine tasting experience all came together at her house!  I have to say that it was so yummy!  She had a bottle of semi-sweet white wine and a bottle of deep and hearty red wine.  She paired each of them with foods that went along with the notes from the wine.  We had so much fun sitting around the table talking and spending some much needed girl time together.  I love my sweet friends so much!  I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with them...I don't know what I would do without them!!!  I think I see another girls night coming very soon for our futures!  I'm thinking Sangria...what a lovely summer drink with all the fresh fruits...I can't hardly wait!
Doesn't this just look divine?!?!?  Bria is so talented!

2 Bottles of Wine: $75
Hors d' Oeuvres: $50
Spending Time with the Girls: PRICELESS!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment