Bubblegum Betty

Monday, May 16, 2011

Skeet Shootin'

Every once in awhile you just need to relieve some stress.  So...what better way to do it than to go and shoot some clay pigeons with a big 'ole shot gun?!?!?  I got an email last Friday morning at work from my daddy asking me if I wanted to go with him out to Abilene Clay Sports, the clay target shooting club in Abilene.  He just became a member earlier in the year and he and my little brother and even my mom have been going out there often to shoot some rounds and even do a little skeet shooting.  Daddy had asked me to go about a week ago, but I was busy doing some much needed stuff around the house so I told him I would go with him another time.  When he emailed me and asked me on Friday, I thought it would be a great way to end a stressful week and spend some quality time with just me and my daddy!  I'm a complete daddy's girl by the way and I love to go shooting...so this was right up my alley!  It's been awhile since I've shot a shot gun and clay pigeons, so needless to say I was a tad bit rusty!  Not to mention the shot gun that I shot was a pretty light 20 gauge that had a massive kick to it!  Nothing like a good 'ole war wound bruise on your shoulder after shooting a round!  I went over to their house straight from work...so I had on my five inch wedge heels!  I'm sure the people that work there thought I was nuts...but if you know me well...you know that that's just how I roll!  Hehe...I can do pretty anything in heels...even shoot a gun!  The course was set up for the Zach Robinson memorial tournament that was going to be held out there on Saturday.  So, daddy got a little glimpse of how the course was going to be when he was shooting at the tournament.



I took some pictures of him while he was shooting.  This was a little bit tricky because I was also the one pulling the clays out of the shoot!  He would yell "pull" and I would have to push the button to release the clay pigeon while trying to snap pictures all at the same time.  I had a few instances of almost dropping my camera and being a little late on pushing the "pull" button!  But I managed to get a few good pictures of him shooting on the course as well as on the skeet shooting field.  We had a lot of fun and I look forward to going back out there with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment