Bubblegum Betty

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Beltway Boot Camp

Last weekend all of our hubbies were off on a men's retreat with our church.  It was called Boot Camp and it was amazing to hear about their experiences with God while they away for those few days in nature.  What has been even more amazing is to see the transformation that God has made in them.  Every one of our hubbies were strong men of faith and leaders of our households.  But, when they came back, they were different.  They have a renewed faith and are even stronger men of God.  The way that God spoke to them was incredible.  God showed them that not only did they need to be Christian leaders of our homes, but that they need to fight for us and fight to keep the enemy from giving everyone in our home false promises.  We had a journal to read while they were gone were we spent time in prayer for our husbands.  One of the things that I read that stuck out to me was that by Cody going on this retreat, he was fulfilling God's spiritual authority.  The excerpt that stuck out to me was, "Your husband, and spiritual authority, has an incredible opportunity to go away for the weekend and be filled by the Lord.  It is our prayer that he will take the time to "sit" before the Lord, be still, and be satisfied.  As he takes this time to "be filled," his family will be blessed in the process.  Think about it this way...the Lord will feed your husband spiritually for the week; he will return home and feed his family.  ALL will be blessed because of his obedience.  The truth is, we reap benefits when our spiritual authority obeys."  WOW!  Those are incredible words of wisdom that I know I will keep with me always.  I have thought about them often this week as I continue to realize more and more that having Cody be such a strong man of God has helped me grow closer in my relationship to God.  It has not only increased my faith and my love for the Lord, but it has helped our marriage grow.  God has blessed us in so many ways and I continue to love Him more and more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment