Bubblegum Betty

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An Easter Blessing

So, I failed to mention a few things when I posted about Easter the other day.  I just couldn't stop talking about how amazing God was that I forgot to mention the TREMENDOUS blessing that He provided us with on Easter Sunday!  Of all the days too...it just couldn't have been a more perfect time or a more perfect day for His gift.  I talked in one of other posts about how Cody had been working a hail storm in Hamilton and how much of a blessing and gift from God that was.  However, I failed to mention that it really stinks when he's away like that!  It's hard being home at night by myself.  I miss him, our babies miss him, and it's just something that you just never really get used to no matter how short or long the duration of a storm lasts.  But...I say all that without complaints because in the end it is always worth it and it has made our marriage even stronger!  Plus, it's how Cody provides for our family and he'll gladly go wherever God calls him to go!  BUT...we got a HUGE hail storm in Abilene on Easter Sunday!!!  Now he gets to stay in Abilene and they will have plenty of work for the next several months!  God is SO good!!!  We also got to celebrate with family on Easter Sunday...before and after the hail storm.  My parents and little brother came to church with us...which I already said in the last post was AMAZING!  Then, we went to eat lunch at Szechuan with Cody's sister, her hubby, and their three kiddos.  It's been awhile since we've seen them (they live in Del Rio) so it was great to catch-up and spend some time with them before they had to get on the road and head home.  Then, we headed home so that I could get started on cooking Easter dinner for both sets of parents.  I cooked a brown sugar/pinapple glazed ham, french toast bake with blueberries, monkey bread, scrambled eggs, a fruit salad, and lemon bars for dessert (pictures of the spread are in the last post!)  I'm drooling thinking about all this food...especially the yummy, gooey, caramely, monkey bread!  I'm going to the store to buy more stuff to make it...I think I might be becmoing a monkey bread addict!  We did have some sad news though.  Because of the stormy weather, Cody's parents weren't able to drive across town to our house.  My parents did come over though since they live so close...like across the street close!  Which we love...don't judge :-)  We definitely ate and talked and praised God for the hail storm that He sent us on such a wonderful Easter Sunday.  Thankfully, the weather cleared up around 8:00 and we were able to take some of the food to Cody's mom and dad so that they could have some Easter dinner.  We definitely missed them being there, but we were happy that we wound up getting to see them later on in the evening!  Overall, our Easter Sunday was filled with lots of family, amazing blessings, praise, and love!  I don't think that it gets much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment