Bubblegum Betty

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Momma!!!

Yesterday, April 4th, was my beautiful momma's birthday!!!  I thought about singing happy birthday to her when I called at 7:45 in the morning...but I decided that might be a little too early for her to have to tolerate my "lovely" singing voice!  I talked to her a lot through out the day, which I do every day, but she was quite busy yesterday.  She's the Administrative Coordinator for the Sociology and Family Studies Department at ACU...needless to say she wears many hats!  But she was busy yesterday with a mixture of meetings and helping students with their schedules and people coming in to wish her a happy birthday!  She got cards from her office workers, the Dean of the department and the other professors brought her a birthday cake, two of her student workers took her out to lunch...she got spoiled!  She works with amazing Christian men and women and is very fortunate to work in an environment that is much like a second family.  When she got home, my little brother and I took her out to eat for dinner at Red Robin.  It was a lot of fun and the food was so, so good!  My dad had to work...tax season...boo :-(  And Cody had a meeting at our church, so he couldn't go either.  But, it was nice taking her out, just her and her two kids!  I told our waiter it was her birthday hoping that he would embarrass her and bring the rest of the crew out to sing...but she ducked out after we paid the check.  I'll get her next year...or just stand up and sing myself!  I love you momma...thank you for being such an amazing example!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment