Bubblegum Betty

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Trip to See Mimi

These past couple of weeks have been CRAZY!!!  Cody has been working out of town in Hamilton for the past few weeks, so it's been an adjustment trying to get used to him being away during the week.  But, the blessing is that it has been an answered prayer and a gift from God for the reason he has been working there.  Hamilton got hit with a hail storm the second weekend in April.  I know most people are a little scared of hail and typically don't want hail to come anywhere near them.  And I completely understand, because I used to feel the same way.  But, Cody owns part of a roofing company, and if we don't get any hail storms here in Abilene, or in a surrounding town, it could be bad news for us.  Not only was this hail storm a tremendous gift and blessing, but it has worked out perfectly that it happend in Hamilton because that's where my Mimi lives.  It really is amazing to step back and look at the way that God works and to see how His plan is always perfect.  We had been praying for a hail storm, and even though it happened out of town, he's been able to stay with my sweet Mimi and not have to worry about doubling our living expenses.  I know she has loved it too.  She's been making him breakfast before he heads out in the morning and dinner when he gets home at night.  My Grandaddy passed away when I was 4, so he's been gone almost 22 years.  So, my Mimi is usually home by herselft in the evenings.  Unless she has some function, event, or party to go to.  Which, she does quite frequently!  But, I know that it has been nice for her to have Cody there.  I think he's liked it too.  On Thursday, before he left to come home, he surprised her with a beautiful bouquet of Easter flowers!  Anyways, last weekend mom and I had planned to go down to Hamilton and help her do some things around the house...and of course we were going to bring Faith!  It turned out that Cody needed to go back to Hamilton on Saturday and meet with some home owners about their new roofs and so we all just made the trip up there together.  We had a lot of fun visiting, playing fetch with Faith out in the field behind her house, eating, and just spending time together.  Faith loves my Mimi...and Mimi loves my little Faithy girl!  Every time we go down to Hamilton, I always ask Faith if she's ready to go see Mimi and she starts jumping up and down and rus to the backdoor.  So, it was fun getting to take her on a little road trip and it was fun getting to spend the day with my Mimi.  We are so very blessed and I'm trying to remember to thank God for the little things.  Those are what truly matter in this life!

My little Faithy girl and my sweet Mimi!  I love these two girls so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment