Bubblegum Betty

Monday, April 18, 2011

Prom

Yes...you read correctly...the title says prom!  Now, I've been out of high school for almost 8 years (that sounds very weird) and have not been to a prom since my senior year, which was in 2003!  I had fun at the proms I attended when I was in high school...all the dresses, hair, mani's and pedi's, and make-up...it was fun.  It was a way for us high school girls to get all dressed up and look like movie stars for one night while our dates were in tuxes.  Bless their hearts...they never enjoyed prom as much as we did!  Boys just don't even know what they are getting themselves into when it comes to us girls...we all just want to be real-life princesses!  Prom wasn't about just getting all dressed up, although that's what girls look forward to the most! But, it was also about going out to eat at a fancy dinner with a bunch of other couples and then getting to prom and dancing the night away.  So anyways, I'm 25 now and the thought of prom has long escaped my mind.  But, the school that I teach at had prom a couple of weeks ago for our juniors and seniors.  The entire faculty/staff is invited to attend, but I have never gone in my previous two years of being here. This is my third year, and all my students always ask if Cody and I are going to go, and my answer has always been no.  But, not this year!  Cody and I and another couple that teaches at Blackwell with me all decided to go.  My friend Carrie is the 4th, 5th, and 6th reading/ELA teacher and her husband is the elementary principal.  When we decided to go, Carrie and I decided that if we were gonna go to prom, we were also gonna get our hair and make-up done.  We figured...why not?!?!  Might as well be pampered for the day if we're gonna get dressed up and attend a dinner and dance later on in the evening.  So, Cody stayed home and did yard work all day and Jason (Carrie's husband) took one of his daughters to get their show pigs for next year's stock shows.  They did productive work all day while Carrie and I had lunch, got pampered, and did a little shopping...what more could a girl ask for?!?!  By the time we were done, it was time to change clothes and head over to where prom was held this year.  It's nice that it was in Abilene so we could just drive a few minutes down the road!  The juniors put the prom on for the seniors and they always provide a very nice meal at prom and this year they even hired a live band to come and perform instead of hiring a DJ.  It was almost like a concert!  We all had a lot of fun and it was fun to see all the kids dressed up and see all the girls in the beautiful gowns!
Carrie and me at Prom

Carrie and me again...we had to get a full length so you could get the full effect of our dresses and shoes :-)

Me and my handsome hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment