Bubblegum Betty

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Big Game Hunt

Well...we had an exciting weekend last weekend in the Seidensticker/Kelley household!  My dad was fortunate enough to go to the Texas Hill Country and hunt on a high-fenced big game ranch.  We are big hunters and my family actually has a ranch that is located in Comfort, TX.  So, we absolutely love the Texas Hill Country!  The story behind our ranch is very special.  My great-grandparent's immigrated here from Germany in the late 1800's, bought the land and it has been in our family ever since.  The land is on the Guadalupe River and the house that was built on the property was built from the rock query that is on the place.  We go down there often and can even hunt all year round!  There are white tail deer, of course, but we also have Axis deer on our place.  The Axis deer are exotic, imported from India, so we are able to hunt them all year around.  They are beautiful animals and it is amazing to watch them interact with one another.  They are much bigger than white tail deer and much more exciting to see and to hunt!  Over the years, my husband, daddy, and brother have hunted them and have snagged some pretty nice trophy Axis bucks.  They still hunt them and all keep wishing that they will be the one to get the next big buck, but they have been itching to kill something different.  The boys in my family have decided that it would be a dream come true to kill a Black Buck.  My dad got invited to go to this Big Game Ranch with his boss last weekend, and let me just tell you that my husband and brother were very jealous!  We were all nervous and hoping that he would call us with some exciting news.  I was sitting at our bar in our kitchen eating breakfast on Saturday morning (4-9-11) and my text message notification went off on my phone.  I go to look at it and I ran outside as quickly as I could to show Cody the picture that my dad had just sent me.  He had already gotten the big trophy Black Buck that he had been wishing he would see and get to kill!  We were all so excited and happy for him!  The guides on the ranch said it's one of the bigger ones that they've seen killed out there.  He was so relieved that he had gotten a big trophy Black Buck and could just sit back and relax and enjoy the beauty of the other animals and enjoy the ranch life for the rest of the weekend.  He had so much fun and we were all so very happy for him!  The boys are planning a trip to go back to this ranch in February.  I know they are all so very excited for the opportunity to go down there and see all the different kinds of animals that are on this place!
This is my daddy and the beautiful Black Buck that he killed!

No comments:

Post a Comment