Bubblegum Betty

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Philadelphia, PA and NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!

Two summers, yes...two, ago I went to Philadelphia, PA and New York, NY with my mom, dad, and Mimi for the Madame Alexander Doll Convention.  Just like the two years prior to this trip, dad I went to get to experience the city while mom and Mimi did their doll thing!  And...a perk of the trip...Philly is only an hour train ride to New York!  #winning

Since it's been so long since we went, I don't remember a lot of the details.   So, I'm just gonna tell you a few highlights and let you see all the amazing pics from the trip!  We got to Philly on Wednesday, August 6th and got back home on Sunday, August 10th.  Mom and Mimi had an event to go to that evening.  So, dad and I broke in our time with an amazing steak dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse.  YUM.  The next day (my favorite day of the trip) we went to New York via train.  We left suuuuuper early that morning and came back suuuuper late that evening so we could get a full day in the city.  Being in the train station and navigating through New York on foot, subway, and a cab ride was something I will never forget.  And...I want to go back!  We had a BLAST in New York!  We ate at some amazing restaurants, saw some amazing things, got to visit the most beautiful landmarks, did lots of shopping, and countless hours of sightseeing and daddy/daughter time.  It was an unforgettable day and I would relive it again every chance I got!  The rest of the trip, we stayed in Philly.  But, the day after we got back from New York, dad and I were both so exhausted!  We just hung around the downtown area.  The only exiting thing we did on this day was walk to one of the most amazing place to get a Philly Cheese Steak.  I think we waited over an hour to order!  The line was totally wrapped around a block to get in to the restaurant!  Yes...it was that good and completely worth the wait!  The last full day we were in Philly, mom, dad, Mimi, and I went on one of the double-decker bus tours all through Philly.  We saw every single thing there is to see in one afternoon of sightseeing.  It was incredible.  This town has so much history and it was so amazing to see all the things I learned about so long ago in history classes in high school and college.  The only thing we really, really wanted to do that we didn't get to do was tour Independence Hall and The Liberty Bell.  The lines for both were well over a 4 hour wait...each.  We just didn't have the time to wait.  Plus, mom and Mimi had their big convention later that evening to go back and get ready for.  So, we headed back to the hotel after lunch, rested up a bit, and they headed over to the convention and dad and I went out for our final dinner in Philly.  We chose an amazing Mexican food restaurant that had the coolest decor!  After that, we went back to the hotel and started getting ready for our very early flight the following morning.  Texas...here we come!

I have to say, I was so ready to get home to see my princess and my hubby!  I had missed Seiden terribly.  It was the longest  had ever been away from her.  It was four and a half days...and I couldn't wait to squeeze that sweet baby of mine!  Our flight left at 6 something that morning and we were back in Abilene by noon.  With the time difference and all.  Walking in and seeing Seiden and Cody was the best feeling in the world!  I was a little bit of a nervous wreck on both the flight there and home.  So, being at home, safe and sound, was a precious gift!  Speaking of gifts...we had all brought Seiden home with arm loads of goodies from New York and Philly.  I mean...our first stop in New York was FAO Schwartz if that tells you anything!  We all had a blast and I am so thankful and fortunate to have been able to go on this trip.  I couldn't have done it without my precious sister-in-law who came down for the entire time to keep Seiden while I was away, Cody for encouraging me to go, and my amazing family for allowing me to be a part of their travels!  Until next time New York (and Philly)!!!

New York, NY




























































My Louis Vuitton goodies that I got while in NY at the Louis Vuitton Store on 5th Avenue!






The LV purse and wallet were my birthday present from Cody!  Here's to the last year in my twenties!













Philadelphia, PA








































 































 























Back in Abilene while I was away...
































The day I got home!







 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment