Bubblegum Betty

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Father's Day!!!

This year Father's Day was celebratory, fun, loving, but also hectic and anxious.  You see, Father's Day was the day before Seiden's first sclerotherapy treatment.  Don't get me wrong, we celebrated the two best dad's that I am fortunate to have in my life!  We just had lots to get done on top of all the celebrating.  We were going to be staying with our "family" in Keller, Sandra and LaDell Harrison, aka: Mimi and PowPow.  They have grandkids of their own, so we didn't need to bring the normal car load full.  Just clothes, a some toys, and some other essentials we thought we may need for the day in the hospital and throughout the week while we stayed with them so Seiden could recover.  They are precious.  So, so glad that they are in our lives and part of our family!

Back to Father's Day...My daddy and my sweet husband are the two most amazing dads that I know.  Seiden and I are both so fortunate and lucky to get to experience their kindness, generosity, strength, grace, protectiveness, and unconditional love on a daily basis.  I couldn't have asked for a better daddy growing up.  And, I couldn't picture a husband turning into a better father like Cody has.  She is one lucky little girl to have the two most special and amazing men in her life as her daddy and her Opa!!!  They would do anything for their girls and have proven time and time again the truth in that statement with their countless sacrificial actions.  I am so thankful that my daddy showed me the traits that I should look for in a man to marry.  I am so thankful that Seiden will be just as fortunate, and has two examples of what a real man is and does for his family. Just like on Mother's Day, there are also a handful of other special and amazing men in my life that aren't family, but have made sacrifices for me and my own family that are celebrated and loved on this day.  So, I say thank you so much to my sweet daddy, my amazing husband, and all the other precious men in my life that have loved me and my family as their own.  You are each to be celebrated on this day and each and every day!  Happy Father's Day!!!










 



No comments:

Post a Comment