Bubblegum Betty

Friday, October 18, 2013

Winter is Right Around the Corner! Get ready for a WINTER MELON!!! (Week 37)

This has been such an amazing week!!!  Not only are we ONE WEEK away from having Seiden, but Cody and I have had the best week together before our little princess arrives.  We are just in complete and utter amazement, excitement, and awe that we are days away from meeting our precious little girl.  We are about to be PARENTS!!!

So, before our lives are completely wrapped up in our precious baby girl, we have done a lot of self indulging!  My very best friend, my sis, from college lives in Frisco and we made plans to see her, her hubby, and her precious son Gavin on Monday.  We were going to meet out at Southlake Town Center for some shopping and lunch around 10:00.  But...the weather was not cooperating with us that day.  Normally, going shopping would have nothing to do with the weather, but Southlake Town Square is an outdoor, high-end shopping center.  And shopping mixed with cold and rain is no fun!  So...we just decided to meet at 11:30 at the Cheesecake Factory that is in Southlake Town Center for lunch.  It was right about halfway...they actually had a little further to travel...which was so sweet of them to drive further than we had to.  Lunch was fabulous!  Not just because of the food...but because of the precious people that we were with.  I haven't seen Amie since my shower in August, and it's really been awhile before we've gotten to spend time together without a lot of hustle and bustle going on.  I usually come to see her during the summer and we go on our annual shopping trip.  But, since I was preggers, and with all the going back and forth to Ft. Worth for doctor's appointments, it just never happened this year...it was a very sad day!  Thankfully...I just have an excuse to come down after Seiden is born AND then come see her this summer with Seiden...oh the fun times we'll have shopping together with our babies!!!  And let me just say...Gavin is just about the most adorable, fun, funny, and smart little boy we've ever met!  He is just so much fun to be around.  And Amie and Ryan are seriously the best parents.  I'm so thankful we have such amazing family and friends who are wonderful parents as examples!  We had such a good lunch together, we could have sat there all day talking and laughing, but sweet Gavin has his afternoon nap at 1:45.  So, about 1:00, we started making our way out of the restaurant.  It was so hard saying bye to my precious sis and her precious family.  But...I know I'll be seeing her soon after Seiden is born!!!  I love you sis...I'm SO glad that we got to spend some time together!!!

On Tuesday, Cody had a few errands he needed to run.  So, I literally spent almost the whole day lounging around the house watching HGTV!  When Sandra and LaDell got home, Sandra and I sat downstairs and just chatted while the boys were off watching manly TV.  It was so nice to just lounge around and sit and chat with her.  Around 4:30, I headed upstairs to get ready for a really special night that Cody had planned.  We had talked about doing something really special before Seiden comes.  So, we asked Sandra and LaDell for some dinner recommendations.  They gave us several absolutely amazing, five-star restaurant options.  But, we settled on Del Frisco's in Ft. Worth.  I have eaten at some really amazing five-star restaurants.  But, I have never eaten a more amazing meal at a five-star restaurant than I did on Tuesday night at Del Frisco's.  Every single thing Cody and I put into our mouth was absolutely amazing.  And, not only was our food outstanding, but the service was impeccable.  We could seriously eat like that every night!!!  We spared no expense, after all, this was our celebratory dinner!  We wanted to celebrate the last few days together as just us two as well as celebrate the fact that we are about to welcome a perfect, healthy, precious baby girl into this world!  We started off with a couple of drinks...yes...I splurged and had a glass of Moscato!  Cody ordered the VIP, which is their specialty pineapple infused vodka that they only serve at the Ft. Worth Del's.  I had a sip...oh my goodness...it was delish!  Then, we ordered the onion rings for an appetizer, and I also ordered the Del's salad.  For the main course, Cody ordered the bone-in prime rib with their jalapeno, bacon macaroni and cheese as the side dish.  I had the Governor's filet with a baked potato and sauteed mushrooms.  We shared the mushrooms and each took bites of each other's food and everything was just absolutely amazing.  Neither one of us could finish all of our food.  Plus...we wanted dessert and to have this amazing meals again the next day...so we had them box up our leftovers and had our waiter bring the dessert menu out!  Everything sounded so good, and we knew we couldn't go wrong because anything we got would taste amazing.  But, we settled on the chocolate, chocolate cake.  Oh my...it was the most moist, delicious cake we have ever eaten!  Both of us stopped it several times because we were full, but then our forks kept making their way to the cake and into our mouths!  After we were truly finished...there were only a couple of bites left!  We had so much fun enjoying an amazing, over the top, quiet meal together where everything from the service, food, and valet parking was just absolutely impeccable and outstanding.  It was the absolute perfect choice for our last big hoorah meal to celebrate each other and our precious Seiden Grace!!!

Wednesday was an absolute perfect day for us to just relax and truly do absolutely nothing besides relax, lounge, and watch TV and movies.  It was cold outside and rainy, so we took advantage and just got caught up on some of the shows that we record at home by watching them On Demand here at the Harrison's.  We also watched The Heat and Hangover 3...both so funny and so good!  I literally didn't get out of my pj's all day long!  Well...except of course when I went to workout in the morning.  But ever since I've been home, we've both been in our loungy, comfy clothes!  Sandra and LaDell headed to Abilene that morning to take care of their precious grandbabies and will be there through Sunday for ACU Homecoming.  So, we are just soaking up getting to spend time together like we would if we were right at our own home!  We couldn't thank this sweet couple enough for opening up their home to us during this time.  Both of us just feel right at home, and when they have been here, they just cater to us.  They are seriously the sweetest people and we are so blessed to have them and their precious family in our lives.  All of their kids are some over our very best friends and they are the most precious and genuine people you could ever know.  We love each and everyone of them just like our own family, and we know that they feel the same about us.  We are just so richly blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives!  It has made these two weeks in Ft. Worth feel so welcoming, warm, relaxing, and just truly amazing.  Of course, we still miss our dogs terribly.  But, we know that they are being loved on and completely spoiled by Cody's sweet mom!  It has allowed us to truly relax and soak up this time together without a care in the world because we know everything back at home is being taken care of by our wonderful and amazing family.

On Thursday we had our last doctor's appointment with Dr. Tabor before he delivers our precious Seiden Grace on Tuesday.  How surreal is that?!?!  While we were there, I also had to do all my pre-op stuff.  The only thing I couldn't do yet was to have my blood drawn.  So, I just have to do that on Tuesday morning before the c-section.  Which will be no big deal because we have to be at the hospital 2 hours before the surgery so that we can check-in and make sure we're registered and of course...pay for the hospital part of the bill.  YUCK!  The c-section is scheduled for 10:00 am...so we'll be getting to the hospital between 7:30 and 8:00 to get everything taken care of.  I think what's going to be the hardest for me is the no eating or drinking anything after midnight the night before.  I seriously wake up hungry and ready for a delicious cup of coffee.  So, my plan is to set my alarm for about 11:45 and drink a protein shake and eat a granola bar or two.  Maybe that will help me not be so ravenous when I wake up.  And of course...I'll be guzzling tons of water before I'm cut off!  The rest of the pre-op stuff included signing some papers and getting instructions on this wash that I have to use the night before and the morning of.  It's a sterilizing wash that helps prevent infections...so I have to use that from head to toe for my showers instead of regular body wash.  I also have to sleep in clean sheets and clean pj's the night before too...just to make sure that everything is absolutely as clean and sterilized as it could possibly be!  So...back to the appointment and an update on our little miss. Well...everything was absolutely perfect!!!  I had to be on the monitor again for 20 minutes and she was just so active and her heart rate was just perfect and beating strong.  The sonogram showed that the cyst hasn't gotten any bigger in the last week...so that was awesome!  My fluid levels were perfect and everything else seriously checked out just right on track.  That was pretty much all the appointment consisted of!  It was kinda lengthy because of the pre-op stuff.  But other than that, it was short and sweet!  Oh...and this is gross...but I'm losing my mucus plug.  It's not coming out all at once, but slowly.  It freaked me out at first because there was a little bit of a faint pink tint when I first noticed it.  But, the doctor said it was normal and a good sign that I was losing it...yuck!  I had several contractions when I was hooked up to the monitor.  I still can't feel them, so I had no idea.  But, it looks like our little miss might actually be more ready to come early.  Which, is a good thing, since her original due date is November 2nd.  She's only going to be here 10 days early.  But, just knowing that my body is naturally getting ready for labor is comforting.  It makes me feel like maybe we aren't rushing her too much.  But...I'm so excited for October 22nd!!!  It is going to be the most amazing day for the rest of our lives!  I guess I can also officially give my total weight gain for this pregnancy.  I highly doubt I'll gain much more weight in the next few days!  I have gained 13 pounds and the nurse told me that my BMI is 22!!!  That is seriously so super healthy and I attribute it all to running, CrossFit, a healthy and clean diet, and God just absolutely blessing me with such an amazing and wonderful pregnancy.  And Seiden weighs between 6-7 pounds.  So...both of us couldn't be any more healthy!!!  Praise the Lord for that!!!

We just continue to soak up this time with each other.  It has truly been absolutely amazing to get to be together and indulge, relax, lounge, and play together before we are a family of three.  The weather has been absolutely gorgeous the past couple of days.  So, we have been enjoying the gorgeousness of this beautiful October weather during the days and chilling at night by renting Red Box movies and just kicking back and not having a care in the world for the next few days.  We are so looking forward to that first moment when we see and hear Seiden for the first time.  I can't imagine how absolutely amazing and overwhelming it will be to see her beautiful face and hear her sweet cries.  I'm so looking forward to the moment when they lay her on my chest and Cody gets to hold her.  I feel so at peace with everything and I am not nervous at all...yet!  I'm sure I will be when Tuesday is here and we are getting ready for everything.  But right now, I am just so relaxed and feel so comforted.  I know that God has washed this sense of peace over me and He is just taking care of both Seiden and me and He has been for the past nine months.  He is just SO good.  I am truly overwhelmed with all the blessings that He has given us and the miracle that Seiden is to us.  Both of us just feel so honored, blessed, and in complete amazement that He has chosen us to be Seiden's parents.  Oh sweet Seiden...you are so, so loved and you are a precious child of God.  Made special by Him and knitted together in my womb specifically for your daddy and me to love, protect, guide, teach, and bring you to know your amazing, loving, Heavenly Father.  We are so overwhelmed with joy to meet you and are in absolute and complete awe of you already.  We just love you so much and can't wait for the moment that you are welcomed into this world!!!

Seiden Grace at 37 Weeks:
  • You are the size of a precious Winter Melon!!!
  • You weigh 6.9 pounds and are 19 inches long!!!
  • You are absolutely considered a full-term baby now...although you are still developing and growing!
  • You continue to add fat to you precious little body.  And we can't wait to kiss and love on every inch of you!
  • Your brain and nervous system continue to be fine tuned that you will be able to deal with all the stimulation that awaits you when you enter into this world.
  • You continue to move, bump, and wiggle around inside mommy's tummy!  I absolutely love it and I know I will miss getting to feel you inside of me.  But, feeling you inside of me won't compare at all to how it will be see you and to hold you and love on you the moment you are born.
  • We are absolutely so excited and honestly can't believe that this time has come!
  • You are so loved Seiden Grace...we are just in complete awe of you!!!
Only 3 More Weeks (Really Only DAYS!) To Go!!!

Cody took these sweet pictures of our girls before he headed down here on Sunday.  Precious loves!!!




Me and my sweet sis, Amie, after our fab lunch at the Cheesecake Factory!!!  Look at how beautiful she is...and...look at how precious and handsome sweet Gavin is!  Gosh...I love them!!!

Cody and I before heading out to Del Frisco's for our celebratory dinner!!!

Me and my handsome husband!  I love this man so much.  He is going to be the BEST daddy in the whole entire world!!!  I'm one lucky girl :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment