Bubblegum Betty

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Another Little Melon...A WATERMELON!!! (Week 36)

Well...this is the week that we have been preparing for ever since Dr. Tabor told me he wanted me here 2 weeks before Seiden is born.  And here I am sitting at some of our very best friend's parent's house blogging from Keller, TX.  We are no longer waiting for this time to be here.  We are sitting in the reality that we are 2 weeks, 14 days away from having Seiden Grace.  I absolutely cannot believe that she will be here in a matter of days.  And I can't imagine how much our lives are about to change and how much love that will open up in our hearts for our precious little girl.  Needless to say...we are SO excited!!!

Mom is with me this first week.  Cody had some loose ends to tie up in Amarillo this week with getting paperwork done and things like that.  He wanted to be able to come down here and be here for good until we can come home without having to go back and forth to Amarillo every week.  And thankfully, he's gotten most everything done and will probably only have to go back once or twice, and only for a day or two at that.  When he does have to go back those few times, mom will come and stay with me so that Seiden and I both have someone else here with us 24/7.  We actually didn't wind up leaving Abilene until about 9:30 on Wednesday morning.  Friday was my last day of work, and we had talked about leaving on Monday (after my appointment with Dr. Tadvick) or Tuesday.  But, the weekend just flew by and I really wanted some time alone at home with the dogs before I left.  I was also able to really lay out everything I needed to bring for both Seiden and I at a very relaxed and leisurely pace and also make sure I had absolutely everything I would need.  Not that I wouldn't be somewhere where I could just run out and get anything and everything, but for Seiden, I just wanted to make sure that I had everything I need or think I might need.  Anywho...it was seriously the best two days that I've had at home with the dogs since the summer.  Both days, I only left for a total of 3 hours to go and run a few errands as well as go to my last appointment with Dr. Tadvick on Monday.  I got caught up on all my shows that have just started for the fall as well as watched the first disc of Season 1 of The Gilmore Girls, all while the babies were curled up around me or in my lap.  We sat on the couch and had coffee in the mornings, then went and sat on the back patio for both lunch and dinner both days.  I sat outside with them after dinner for a couple of hours and just enjoyed watching them play, loving on them, and relishing in this perfect fall weather.  I wasn't running around the house trying to get stuff done, cleaning, or tending to other things.  I just sat there with them all day long and loved on them.  In fact, I didn't even get out of my pj's except to go to my dr.'s appointment and to go run 1 errand on Tuesday.  It was pure bliss!  Especially knowing that the next time we are all home together, we will have our little princess home with us.  I can't wait to have her home and enjoy coffee in the mornings with her and the dogs as well as enjoy lunches and dinners out on the back patio in the glorious weather we have this time of year with us holding her and the dogs running around the backyard playing.  I also can't wait to hear her giggling at them while they play and give her sweet kisses.  I can't wait for them to meet her, they will absolutely love her!

When Wednesday morning rolled around and it was finally time for us to leave Abilene and come to Keller, I wasn't the least bit sad.  The weekend and those 2 and almost 1/2 a day with the dogs was absolutely perfect, relaxing, and just what I needed.  I feel like I was able to spend all that time with them and completely focus on them as well as relaxing before leaving them.  I miss them terribly already, it hurts my heart to know that I'm not there with them.  But, I know that they are being loved on and taken care of and they are as ready as they will ever be to have their little sister come home and for them to be a part of her life.  It's truly going to be so wonderful!  And...being here in Keller is absolutely so comforting and no place I'd rather be if I can't be at home.  Sandra and LaDell have completely opened up their home to Cody and me as well as our families until we can officially got home with our girl.  They are another set of parents to us, and my parents just absolutely love them and their sweet and precious family.  Mom and I are already having so much fun here together as well as having so much fun here with them.  They are just so precious and genuine and it is truly wonderful being here with them.  When we got here on Wednesday, we stopped at Corner Bakery in Hulen and had lunch and then did a little shopping in the adorable shopping center before we headed to their house.  Once we got here to their house, LaDell unloaded my car (bless his heart...it was LOADED DOWN!)  and Sandra brought us upstairs so we could get settled in our rooms.  She had cleaned out the closets in all rooms and the dresser in the room we're staying in so that we don't have to live out of our suitcases.  She also cleaned out the fridge and put their stuff in the garage fridge so that we could have room inside for all of our stuff.  I'm telling you...this woman is gold...so precious!  We all sat around for a little bit afterwards and just chatted, then headed to Anytime Fitness so that I could sign up for a temporary membership while we're here.  Then, they took us to dinner at this wonderful Italian place called Oliva.  Holy yum...it was amazing!  The owner used to be the sommelier for Martha Stewart as well as catered all of her personal and private events in New York.  So, you can only imagine how amazing the food was!  Then, we went and got froyo and called it a night!

Thursday, I had an appointment with Dr. Tabor.  I had to do a little test (they called it something but I can't remember now what it's called) where Seiden's heartbeat had to be measured for 20 minutes.  They were testing for her heart rate, neurological activity, movement, then the sonogram tested for her swallowing and the amniotic fluid.  Well, she passed each of those 5 things with a 10!!!  Which, we already knew she would because she is the picture of perfectly healthy, beautiful baby girl.  The cyst is still just "there" and affecting her in no way and we are still having a plain jane C-section.  Which is scheduled for 10:00 am on October 22nd!!!  This cyst is basically just something that has turned in to be a cosmetic issue and nothing more serious than that.  In fact, today, he seemed more concerned with me and how we were going to handle seeing her when she's born with this cyst coming off of her neck.  It's going to be big, especially in comparison to her, it's not going to be pretty, and it's going to look strange when we all know what babies look like without something coming off of their neck.  He was so sweet when he was telling me not to be shocked or scared when we see her, just to know that it won't be there for long.  He told us that the MRI will be sometime later on the day she is born or possibly the next day.  So, within a couple of days after she's here, we will have more of a plan on what is going to happen with the removal of the cyst.  Until then, we just continue to pray that the last few days of this pregnancy are as wonderful as all these other weeks have been and for God to continue to watch over us as we get ready to welcome this new life into the world.  We are just so blessed that he is our doctor (if we can't be at home) and we just continue to praise God for all He has done for Seiden.  She is truly a perfect little miracle and we are just so overwhelmed with joy and honor that God has chosen us to be her parents.  God is just SO good!

After the appointment, it was time to do a little pampering!  Mom and I went and got a complete spa pedicure and I got my eyebrows waxed!!!  It was absolutely fabulous...I love being pampered :-)  I'm also going to paint my nails at some point, but I probably won't do that until closer to when Seiden is going to be here so they are fresh and have no chips!  After we were pampered, we did a little bit more shopping, then went to Mi Cocina for dinner.  OMG...I forgot how good that place is!  It's been awhile since I've eaten there, and it was mom's first time to eat there, but it was just absolutely delish.  We both had to bring half of our food home though...but I'm looking forward to those leftovers!!!  The only other official plans we have are going to the adoption celebration for my cousin and her husband on Friday.  They adopted a precious little boy back in April, when he was born, and everything is official tomorrow.  The whole ordeal just happens to take place in downtown Ft. Worth, and since mom and I are here, we are able to go!  As far as our plans for the rest of the day on Friday and the weekend...we are just gonna relax, play, and eat really good food!!!  Even though I'm not at home in Abilene, and I miss my sweet lovies like crazy, I truly am having such a wonderful time and enjoying being able to relax, hang out, be pampered, shop, and just enjoy some quiet time before our little miss comes!  It's been fabulous so far and I know when Cody gets here over the weekend, we will have so much fun continuing to relax, play, and celebrate!!!  Seiden Grace...you are going to be here in a matter of days and we are just counting down the days and anticipating your arrival.  We can't put into words how excited we are for you to be here and how thankful we are for you.  We love you so, so much!!!

Seiden Grace at 36 Weeks:
  • You are the size of a WATERMELON!!!
  • You weigh 6.5 pounds and are 18.7 inches long!!!
  • You are officially a full-term baby, but continue to grow up to half a pound a week.
  • You are getting ready for your big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid so that your sweet lungs are ready to take your first breath.
  • You are also blinking and turning your head from side to side.
  • You don't have much room in mommy's tummy...but you are just the most active little wiggle worm!
  • You are head down (and have been for a long time), but girl...you are LOW!  Mommy is still not waddling (and never will!), but you certainly make me have to run to the potty often!
  • We just love you so, so much!  Everyone is so ready to meet you and love on you.  You are just so precious to us and we have just covered you in love and in prayer ever since we have known about you.  You are going to be overwhelmed with support and love for your entire life.  You are such a blessing to us and we just adore you!!!
Only 4 Weeks (Really 2) To Go!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment