Bubblegum Betty

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Put the Lime in the COCONUT!!! (Week 35)


I seriously can't believe this week is here!  I am really having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that this is my last week of work and we are now 3 weeks away from having Seiden Grace!  Time has just FLOWN...but I'm glad that it has.  This school year has seriously been amazing so far.  All of my kids are absolutely amazing, I love all my classes, everyone I work with is awesome, and this year has gone incredibly seamless as far as getting everything done and ready to be gone.  I was so nervous leading up to the school year that I was going to be doing things at the very last minute and even then, things still might not get done.  But, that hasn't been the case at all.  All of my lesson planning that I needed to plan for to be gone was finished by the third week of school.  And, all the technology stuff that I had to do (which was a really, really big list) was finished-up last week.  I've had to put out a few little fires here and there this week, but nothing that was a big deal or took me very long.  And...this week is Homecoming for Blackwell!!!  So, it's been a really fun and exciting last week of school.  I'm excited to be here for the game and to get to cheer on these kiddos.  They've had an amazing football season so far and I can't wait to watch them play for Homecoming!  Then...it's off to Ft. Worth we go!!!

We also had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Tabor in Ft. Worth this week.  We seriously received the BEST news we could possibly receive.  Well...unless he had told us that cyst was gone...then that would have been the best news!!!  Unfortunately, the cyst is still there.  It was 9cm long and 4cm going out.  So, it's gotten 2cm longer since last time, but it hasn't grown out anymore.  The amazing news is, is that it continues to grow out and not affect her breathing or swallowing.  Therefore, my amniotic fluid levels are where they should be and she is as healthy as a little horse!  In fact...she has grown a ton!  We seriously couldn't believe how big she was and how much she weighed whenever the sonogram tech. told us.  She weighs 5lbs. and 14oz...almost 6lbs. and we still have 3 more weeks to go!!!  He told us he thinks she'll be about 7lbs. when she's born...and she'll be 10 days early...what wonderful news is that?!?!?  Her heart rate was 163.  I'm telling you...she is an active little girl!  I feel her Move ALL the time!  She bumps, rolls, and pushes non-stop...and I love it!  All her organs were also perfect and her brain was just the picture of a future genius :-)  And...she still has lots of hair!  Yay for hairbows!!!  She already has a full draw of them in her armoire...thank goodness I'll be able to put them all on her with her beautiful head of hair!  It was all just such great news to hear and see how perfect she is, how healthy she is, how much she has grown, and how God just continues to wraps His loving arms around her, protect her, and not allow this cyst to affect her one single bit.

So...speaking of the cyst and the amazing news we received...are you ready for this?!?!?  We get to have a normal c-section!!!  In fact, he even said that I could deliver vaginally if I wanted to...how great is that?!?!?  We finally got the results back from the MRI at this appointment.  Dr. Miller (the pediatric surgeon) and Dr. Tabor had gotten a chance to sit down and talk about what they had found on the MRI regarding the cyst...which was absolutely nothing.  The whole reason for this whole exit procedure c-section was because they were afraid that the cyst was going to be pushing in on her airway and cause her to have trouble breathing.  But, the MRI results showed that the cyst is so far away from her windpipe and esophagus and there is absolutely no way that the cyst will affect her at all during delivery or afterwards for that matter. It's just...there.  It's honestly more of a scare and concern for us than it is for her.  She doesn't even know it's there.  And, of course, we hate it for her because she is going to have this goofy looking cyst coming off of her neck.  I just wished I could take it away and put it on me...I just absolutely hate it for her.  And I hate the fact of what she will have to go through of having it removed, having fluid injected into it, or just waiting for it to go away on its own.  He did tell us that because it's gotten bigger, and there's actually some mucus-like stuff in it now, that there is a greater chance that they will do surgery and remove it.  But, that they may also just inject a fluid into it that causes it to harden and be reabsorbed into her body.  The only way we will know a "plan of action" is by an MRI.  Which, they will do at some point in time after she's born.  That way, they will know exactly what that cyst is and what it's filled with as well as if it's near anything that's vital and would be too dangerous to remove surgically.  Everything is just up in the air until she's here and we do the MRI.  Ok...so back to the delivery!  I opted to go ahead and stick with doing a c-section because the pediatric surgeon and neonatologist will be right there in the room at the time of the c-section, just in case she does need a breathing tube, which we know she won't.  If we had done a vaginal delivery, it would have been scheduled and I would have been induced.  But, we don't know when she will decide to come and both of those very important people could be off with other babies.  Also, Dr. Tabor said that there was a slim chance, more like slim to no chance, the cyst could rupture going through the birth canal.  I didn't even ask what could happen if that did happen, because I had already decided we were going to do a c-section.  And that's what Cody wants as well.  It's just safer for her and then, on top of all the other stuff the doctors will have to do after she's here, we didn't want her to go through any more trauma than necessary.  I am just beyond thrilled that I will be awake to see my precious baby girl and hear her sweet cries.  And I am also beyond thrilled that Cody will get to be in there with us too.  We get to see our precious girl the moment that she enters this world.  We will get to give her kisses, talk to her, and be near to her from the moment she arrives.  And, because it's a normal c-section, Cody will get to go with her to the nursery and be with her while the doctors get me all fixed up.  We just can't even put into words how exciting this is and how thankful we are that God has continued to show these doctors who is truly in charge!  So...we are going to have our precious Seiden Grace here with us on October 22nd at 10:00 am!!!

We just continue to praise God for all His blessings and for answered prayers.  I seriously just pray each and every day that this cyst will never affect her in any way, shape, or form.  And God just continues to show His face and perform His miraculous healing.  Of course, I also pray that the cyst will just go completely away and dissolve into her body before she is born.  But, I am confident in God's will and in His plan for her and I am just being patient and waiting on His timing.  I know that He is in charge and I just continue to put my trust and my faith in all things that He is doing.  He has already performed so many miracles in Seiden's life.  From the moment that she was conceived and every step of the way through this pregnancy, He has been performing miracles.  She is so perfectly healthy and this cyst is absolutely nothing to her and it's all because God has laid His hands over her, wrapped His loving arms around her, and continues to love and protect her each and every second of every day.   I know that God has got big plans for her life and that she will be something amazing.  He has already made her strong and a fighter and I just can't wait to see all the blessings that He has in store for her!  And I know He will be right there guiding Dr. Tabor and all the other doctors during the c-section and because of that, everything will go flawlessly and we will have a perfect and safe delivery for both of us.  I am just so thankful and so blessed that He has given us a daughter and that she is perfect and healthy in every way.  I can't believe that in just 3 short weeks we will be holding her.  Now that we are having a normal c-section, I just keep imagining how it will be seeing her for the very first time after carrying her and feeling her move for the past 9 months.  It's such an overwhelming flood of joyous emotions, I can't imagine how it will be when it's actually here.  Oh... Seiden Grace...how we love you!  We can't wait to be your parents and love you, hold you, kiss you, tickle you, play with you, protect you, guide you, and show you the love of the Lord.  You mean more to us than you will ever know and you have blessed our lives in so many ways.  We love you so, so much!!!

Seiden Grace at 35 Weeks:
  • You are the size of a coconut!!!
  • You weigh 5.14 pounds and are 18.5 inches long!
  • You continue to wiggle all around in mommy's tummy...and it is such a welcomed and loved feeling!
  • Mommy has only gained 12 pounds...so you are taking up ALL of mommy's tummy and weigh half of what mommy has gained!  You are a big, strong, healthy girl!!!
  • You don't have much room anymore...but you sure do like to make your appearance known!
  • You are completely developed and all of your systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are completely formed and developed as well.  The only thing that will fully develop after you are born is your digestive system.
  • Your hearing is also fully developed and you respond best to high pitched noises.  No wonder why you move around so much!  Mommy talks all the time!!!
  • Mommy's uterus is 1,000 times bigger than it was before we were pregnant with you!
  • Your Opa, Bella, and Uncle Michael just absolutely adore you!  They just love seeing you grow and love giving you love.
  • Your brother and sisters (Sarge, Faith, and Trigger) are also becoming very aware that you are in mommy's tummy.  They sniff at my tummy, give it sugars, and wonder what those bumps, kicks, and wiggles are all the time!  They love you so and can't wait to have a little play buddy!
  • Mommy and Daddy are also just so enamored with you.  We constantly love on you, talk to you, pray over you, and anticipate your arrival.
  • You have done some amazing things and continue to show how God is working in your life.
  • We are just so in love with you.  You have already brought so much joy into our lives.  We continue to thank God for you each and every day and are so thankful that He picked us to be your parents.  We love you precious girl!!!
Only 5 (really 3) Weeks To Go!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment