Bubblegum Betty

Monday, May 6, 2013

Lemonade...YUMM-O!!! (Week 13)

First Trimester=OVER!!!  WOO HOO!!!  This was not only a fun week because we got to celebrate being out of the first trimester...but we also had our second appointment.  We didn't have a sonogram this time...total bummer.  But, we did get to hear the baby's heart beat which was 157...precious little sound.  Some people would say that's low and that we're having a boy...other's say it's still high and it's a girl.  Who knows yet!!!  But...we are DYING to find out!  I did get really nervous at this appointment.  It took the nurse awhile to find the heartbeat and I immediately started looking at Cody with terrified eyes...but she just started up a little too high and it took a couple seconds for her to move down a little lower.  But when she did...there it was!!!  While I was freaking out...Cody kept looking at me with reassuring eyes.  Which made me feel a lot better.  But, I still freaked out there for a second and did not like that feeling one single bit.  I guess I just thought it wouldn't take very long.  The last sonogram we had, as soon as he started, there the baby was along with it's heartbeat.  But, what I failed to remember is that the first sonogram was done trans-vaginally and this one was done with just a little doppler right on top of my stomach.  Big difference!  We also went over my blood work that I had had done in between the first appointment and this one.  All my levels were good and everything else was absolutely perfect!  I've gained a total of 2 pounds and 3 ounces since I first got pregnant...so I would say that's a pretty good, steady weight gain.  Dr. Tadvick was super pleased with it and how everything else looked.  He also said the baby was doing perfectly and he'd see in another 4 weeks!  All in all...a great way to start out week 13!

I'm also feeling awesome!  It's like...as soon as I went from week 12 to week 13...I got more energy back and I'm not so lethargic and exhausted.  My head cold also went away...which has helped a ton.  I'm still doing my CrossFit WODs and running everyday.  I can definitely tell that I get a lot more winded a lot quicker than I used to, so I'm still having to take multiple breaks during a WOD to try and catch my breath a little and let my heart rate slowdown.  I would say that most WODs take me about 5-10 minutes longer than normal.  Especially depending on the WOD.  If it's a super short WOD, it may only take me 1-2 minutes longer.  Either way, I'm really learning to listen to my body and make sure and take breaks when my breathing and heart rate gets up too high.  On a food note...I'm back to cooking a little bit again!  During most of the first trimester I survived on sandwiches, wraps, cereal, veggie burgers, soup with grilled cheese, and a few random cravings that hit...like Chinese, Mexican, and Italian food a couple of times.  Poor Cody had to fend for himself...which he's totally capable of.  He's actually a really good cook.  I just like to cook for him and felt awful making him to do all his meals all the time.  But, he meal prepped a lot on Sunday nights with chicken, steak, and veggies.  He also cooked breakfast a lot and picked up Subway or an occasional pizza run here and there...which I partook in!  I'm definitely not eating Paleo.  I'm still eating a lot of sandwiches and wraps for lunch.  But I'm also eating bagel thins with yogurt or toast with yogurt and oatmeal a lot for breakfast in the mornings.  And when I do cook, there's always a carb stuck in somewhere.  It's like...I just need them.  I've read that when the baby's growing like it is...they just need lots of carbs to sustain their growth...makes sense as to why I'm wanting them all the time!  I've also been eating a ton of fruit and have been able to stomach more veggies.  In fact...I was thinking the other day how good sweet potato fries sounded.  I haven't had sweet potatoes in weeks...and for the longest time the thought or sight of one sent me gagging!  And if you know me...you know I'm the sweet potato queen!  I LOVE them...especially made into fries.  Maybe I'll cook some soon.  All in all...I can't complain about how this pregnancy has been.  Yes...my body is definitely changing...and that's been a struggle for me.  But, I think I'm finally learning to appreciate the reason it's changing and that's so that I can continue to grow this precious little miracle inside of me.  I'm feeling so good, working out everyday, running with the dogs, cooking more, and I finally have some energy back.  I feel more and more like myself...just with a little baby bump!!!  Sweet Baby Kelley is the size of lemon...3 inches long and weighs 1.5 ounces...getting bigger every week!!!

Week 13 Symptoms:
  • Boobs are not as sore...YAY!  But...they are still huge.  I was doing cleans one day during a WOD and hit myself in the boob as I was going up with the bar...so frustrating!
  • Aversions: Chicken...unless it's diced up in tiny pieces inside a casserole...or a Sharky's burrito!  I think I'm getting over the veggie aversions...I'm gonna attempt sweet potato fries...that's the ultimate test!
  • Cravings: Not really anything actually.  I did, however, want a Sharky's burrito this past weekend...so I went with my mom and brother (Cody doesn't like Sharky's...weirdo!)...it was heavenly!
  • My energy level is back!!!  For the most part anyways...I still get tired doing some things.  Like if I've been out running errands all day...I'm pretty tired and ready to plop on the couch when I get home.  But on a typical day...getting up early, working, and doing stuff around the house at night, I feel almost like I did pre-pregnancy!
Only 27 weeks to go!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment