Bubblegum Betty

Monday, May 27, 2013

We've Moved Into Veggies...A Little Turnip!!! (Week 16)

This is it!  This is the week that we find out what our precious little baby is!!!  We are both just praying that whenever we go in for this sonogram that the first thing we see is a perfectly healthy baby.  Aside from that...both of us would be ecstatic for either a boy or a girl!  It's going to be so hard though.  Our appointment is at 10:00 am and our party isn't until 7:00 pm.  Why is that hard you ask???  Well...we won't be really finding out what we're having until our big gender reveal party that night!  We wanted to be as surprised as everyone else when we found out.  It will be an amazing and emotional and overwhelming experience to find out with our precious families and our very best friends.  Just thinking about how close this moment is bring joyous tears to my eyes.  And if you know me well at all...you know that it takes a lot to get any kind of tears from me!  Our amazing God has been calling this precious little miracle by name ever since he/she was knitted together in my womb and now, we will finally get to join in on calling our baby by name through what God has created.  When I really look at the true miracle of pregnancy, it is absolutely mind blowing how God created all this to happen.  This sweet little one is part of me and part of Cody and everything had to be just perfect so that he/she could be created.  I mean...who else could have thought of such a miracle but our one true God?!?!

After all the crazy hormones and ridiculous self image issues I had earlier, this is what being pregnant and becoming a parent is all about.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to remember that God is taking care of me and of this sweet baby, but I let some really tough worldly issues cloud my vision.  I'm not saying that those feelings weren't valid in some way...cause I sure did feel them.  I think that I just tried to handle them all by myself instead of letting God take control.  After I posted one of the last posts...my bestie gave me just that advice.  She texted me as soon as she read it and told me that feeling like I was feeling was so normal, but that I just needed to give it to God...and also remember that this is such a temporary time and to stop fretting and worrying about my body and focus on the beautiful miracle of pregnancy.  She was so right.  It is such a temporary time in your life and if I continued to focus all my thoughts and feelings on myself and my body, then I would never truly enjoy being pregnant and all the amazing things that do come along with pregnancy.  Sure, it's hard and there are a lot of things that are totally unexpected.  But, all that really does get pushed aside when you focus on growing this little tiny baby and making sure that every single one of it's needs are nurtured.  I'm so glad that I have friends and family in my life that are there for me, keep me sane, remind me what life's all about, and keep me accountable and focused.

So...I am officially on cloud 9...and Cody is too!!!  This week has gone by surprisingly fast...but we are counting down the days, hours, and minutes until we go in for our sonogram!  And...I can't be 100% positive.  But, we are both pretty sure that we felt the baby moving around last week.  I still can't be completely sure because I've read and heard that sometimes it feels like digestion.  But this time it felt different.  It was about 2 hours after I had eaten dinner and I was stretched completely out in one of our couch recliners.  I had one of my hands resting on my stomach and all of a sudden, I felt this little popping going on.  It stopped for a second and then started again...so I reached for Cody's hand to see if he could feel it too.  He was on the phone, but as soon as I felt it again, he felt it too and his eyes got as big as saucers.  I've felt that feeling a few more times...but I haven't been still long enough the past few days to notice it again like I did last week.  I'm just going to give this one to the baby...cause it was way to amazing to be food digestion!

Let's see...what else???  I have been feeling wonderful...like so amazingly wonderful I can't believe that being pregnant could be so great!  I've heard so many horror stories...so I was so scared and worried that I would be in that category of miserable pregnancies the whole way through.  I have to say, even though I've had some body image issues, I've had a pretty easy pregnancy.  I never got sick, had crazy cravings, insane mood swings, or had complete exhaustion consume my body.  Yes...I did get very sleepy very early at night.  But, I was also waking up at 4:45 to go workout...so that had some correlation to being exhausted at 8:00 at night.  I did have some aversions...but those have pretty much gone away now.  All that to say...that I am no longer as tired as I used to be and I am eating more fruit, veggies, and meat than I did in the first trimester.  I'm also cooking a lot more...which is wonderful!  I'm definitely still eating carbs...and I love them...so does the baby!  Do I see a runner in our future?!?!?  As for my workouts...my energy level is back so much that my workouts are a little more high energy than they were a few weeks ago.  I'm still running a mile to a mile and a half everyday and doing a WOD.  But I don't feel so sluggish so my workouts have been higher intensity because I've and more energetic...which is much more like myself!  I'm also still wearing all my pre-pregnancy clothes...yay!  My tummy is just very much making an appearance these days.  Most of my bottoms I'm having to use a hair tie to close the top...and then my "dress" bottoms...I'm having to wear the belly band over the tops of them.  But they are fitting normal everywhere else!  I have bought a few pieces of maternity bottoms and tops...but probably won't have to start wearing them until the middle of the summer or even until school starts back in the fall.  I know I'll be much bigger as the summer goes on...but I'll be able to wear workout clothes most of the time...so I can just wear the shorts under my belly.  But the clothes that I have bought will go for summer or school...except for one pair of shorts...they're too short for school...but will be perfect for the summer.  I've bought, 2 pairs of knee length shorts (black and denim), a pair of short denim shorts for the summer, 4 tops (sleeveless and short sleeve), and a few dresses that are not maternity but are empire waist and will grow with me.  My mom has also bought me an outfit and a dress to wear too.  And...one of my dear friends up here at school bought me a pair of boot cut jeans, a basic black top, a pencil skirt, a pair of capris, and two belly bands.  So sweet!  I think I may be close to being set with the exception of a few more tops and a pair of skinny jeans...I live in skinny jeans!  I don't really want to buy a lot of maternity stuff because I think I can make do wearing most of my normal stuff as long as possible since I can use the belly bands over the tops of my bottoms that no longer button up!  Especially if I don't get bigger anywhere but my tummy until nearing the end.  Guess we'll soon see if my "plans" work out or not!

I really am loving that this baby is finally making an appearance.  One of the sweet girls at the gym this morning said, "Aw...you finally look pregnant!"  I thought it was so cute and sweet of her!  One of the best things about really starting to show is all the loving the baby is getting.  Everyone up at the gym has been rubbing on my belly and so have a couple of my dear teacher friends up at school.  Our friends have also been giving some serious love...but that's been going on since we told them we were pregnant...it's just a lot more now!  And of course...my family has been doing the same thing!  Every time we see them my belly gets the first greeting with sweet love and precious words.  And I love it when Cody bends down and talks to the baby.  We read that they can start hearing at about 15 weeks...so he's been talking to the baby a lot at night since last week!  I really need to get on the ball and buy some baby books so we can start reading to the baby.  I've just been so crazy busy and consumed with all the end of the year stuff with school...and then of course all the party planning...I haven't even taken the time to buy some baby books.  I'm sorry sweet love...we'll get on the ball soon!  Sweet Baby Kelley...you are the size of darling little turnip.  You are 5 inches long and weigh about 5 ounces.  And by the end of this week...you will have a name!!!  We love, love, love you so much!!!

Week 16 Symptoms:
  • Mommy is back to her normal self with your sweet little self popping out of my tummy!
  • Lots more energy
  • Much better workouts
  • Aversions: none really!  Well...I still haven't attempted a sweet potato or spaghetti squash...I'm kinda scared to!
  • Cravings: no specific food cravings.  Still just really loving Mexican, Italian, Japanese, and Chinese foods...but I don't have to have them.  But if we are going out to eat...you better believe we'll be going to a restaurant that serves one of those four cuisines!  And I guess I have been cooking a lot of these types of foods at home too.
  • My boobs are still huge...but not hurting very much at all.
Only 24 More Weeks To Go!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment