Bubblegum Betty

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day

On August 1, 2012, my family and I went to Chick-Fil-A to show our support.  Now, this post may offend some people.  And if it offends you, then I genuinely apologize.  My intentions are not to offend, upset, or judge anyone by any means.  The reason that I wanted to go and show support for Chick-Fil-A on this day is because I applaud them for being a company that stands up for what they believe in.  I mean, it's our right as Americans to do just that.  People stand up for themselves all the time based on their religion, color, race, sexual orientation, or gender.  So, why shouldn't businesses be allowed to do the same thing?  Especially businesses who implement biblical minded principles.  Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays so that the employees are allowed one day to be off so that they may spend the day with their families.  They also close earlier than most places on any other weeknight for the same reason.  The premise behind being closed on Sundays is also so that families may enjoy the time of worship as a family instead of having to do that separately if one member of that family has to be at work.  I think it's wonderful.  Chick-Fil-A simply stood up for what they believe in and for what the founder based his principals on long ago when he first started the company.  They are a family owned and family led company that applies biblical-based principals into the daily operations and management of their businesses.  When asked the question about traditional or same-sex marriage, Dan Cathy simply stated his opinions and beliefs in what the Bible says about traditional marriage.  This question was definitely one that caused quite a controversy and led Chick-Fil-A to have this "Appreciation Day."  I chose to support Chick-Fil-A because my family and I are firm believers in what the Bible says.  The Bible is our guide to life and we should try to live the life that Jesus set out for us each and everyday.  We are all sinners, we make mistakes on a daily basis, and we all fall very short on what God has set before us.  The good news is, is that we are saved by the grace of God and by Jesus who gave his life on the cross for us so that we may live through him.  How could Dan Cathy, or anyone else for that matter, not stand up for that?!?!  I think what makes me the most mad about the protesting that went on is that anyone of those protesters were doing exactly what Dan Cathy did.  Standing up for what they believe in and for their rights as human beings.  We may not all agree on our beliefs, but we certainly have every right in the world to stand up for what we believe in.  Just because Dan Cathy and Chick-Fil-A in general stood up for their beliefs, they got a bad rap from those that disagree.  I think we can all agree that at some point in time, we all disagree on one thing or another.  It doesn't matter if your husband and wife, siblings, family members, friends, or perfect strangers, none of us are ever going to agree on everything.  We are different people who have different opinions and different interests.  God made us that way for a reason.  We are made perfect in his image, and his image isn't for us to all be the same.  Psalm 139:14 says, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (NIV Bible).  God has a plan for us long before we are ever conceived and he wants us to all be unique and different.  His love for us goes far beyond what we could ever imagine, difference of opinion or not.  He even loves those who do not believe in him.  Those people are his children and he desires for them to know him, even if they turn away from him.  Again, how could anyone not stand up for a God like that?!?!?  I am a Christian.  I agree with Dan Cathy, not because of what he says about traditional marriage, or anything else for that matter, but because of what the Bible says.  I have so many friends from all walks of life and I love them no matter what.  Some of those friends would disagree with Dan Cathy, and obviously me too.  And that's fine for them to have their own opinion.  We don't agree on that matter and we may never.  They know where I stand on my beliefs about it and I know where they stand.  But, you know what?  We are still friends and I will continue to love them and be friends with them.  That's what we are called to do...to love people.  It's hard sometimes.  There are many circumstances through all walks of life when it's hard to love or show love to someone, but in the end, we are to love one another just as God loves us.  And, how will anyone come to know Jesus if we, as Christians, aren't showing others the love and light of Christ?  I have made and continue to make so many mistakes and have failed so many times in my life at pleasing God.  But, because of my beliefs, I know that his grace and love for me is enough to cover my sins and transgressions.  I would stand up for my beliefs under any circumstance, why wouldn't anyone else do the same no matter what their beliefs are?  If you are asked a question on your beliefs and you deny them, then aren't you being a hypocrite?  I love the Lord and I believe in the Bible and what it says.  I applaud Dan Cathy and Chick-Fil-A for standing up for their Christian beliefs and biblical-based work and management principals.  Especially in a time when Christian beliefs, morals, and principals are pushed under the rug or altered to fit an individuals lifestyle so that they can still do and act as they please, even if it goes against what Jesus has laid out before us in the Bible.  I'm guilty of it too sometimes, I think in some way we all are.  It's easy to "of this world" and not just be "in this world."  Romans 12:2 states, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will" (NIV Bible).  But, if anyone has any doubts on how to live and the views, morals, and principals of the ONLY one that can save us from this world and from our sins and transgressions, it's right there in black, white, and...red in the Bible.

The following are pictures of the many supporters at the Chick-Fil-A in Abilene on South Clack Street...








No comments:

Post a Comment