Bubblegum Betty

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Road Trippin'

Guess what?!?!?  My mom, myself, and my precious little Faith took a road trip to see my Mimi a couple of weeks ago!  It was one of the nicest weekends that we've had in a long time.  Not that spending my weekends at home with my honey and my other two babies isn't always wonderful.  But one of the reasons this weekend was so wonderful is because I was able to get ALL of my homework done AND the state of Texas got rain!!!  Yes, that's right...rain!  In fact, Abilene got almost four inches of rain the second weekend of October!  It was glorious!

Anyways, my Mimi has been trying to clean out her garage and her house for about a year now.  She is a big time doll collector.  When my granddad passed away in 1989 (I was four), she kept herself busy by being involved in a travel club, going to estate sales and garage sales, going to doll conventions, and even having a little booth where she sold items in an antique store.  She was a busy little lady!  In fact, she's still involved with the travel club.  She's just gone to most of the places that the travel club is going to these days, so she just doesn't go on as many trips as she used to.  But, over the years the stuff has just accumulated and it's now time to get rid of some things that she no longer needs (and some stuff she hasn't even seen in years).  My mom and I have been going down there ever so often to help her go through things and have garage sales.  Plus, it's fun to go down and visit with her and Faith gets to be the Queen for the weekend!

So, that second weekend in October, mom and I both took off of work on that Friday and headed to Hamilton.  We were on the road by about 9:30, ate lunch at this cute little cafe there and then headed home to get busy!  Well...mom and Mimi were busy.  Faith and I stayed inside and did homework (and maybe watched some TV).  Then we went out and played fetch and then we helped mom and Mimi for a bit until dinner time.  After dinner we watched TV for a little bit and then headed to bed...Saturday was going to be busy because of the garage sale Mimi was having. 

On Saturday, we woke up pretty early got everything ready to have the garage sale and then Faith and I headed to one of the gas stations/restaurants to get everyone coffee.  Faith loves to go on coffee runs!  I've written before and how she loves it when I take her to Starbucks with me!  She's just a tad bit spoiled!  When we got back, I had some homework that I wanted to get started on so that I could make sure and get both of my assignments done that were due the following Monday.  This was also the last full week of my class, the next week all I had to do was my big portfolio project.  So, I knew that if I got these other two big papers done, I would have more time to focus on finishing up my portfolio project.  It was nice to be out of town and doing homework because when I'm at home and doing it, it seems like I always find something else that I should be doing.  Like cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping.  I certainly don't relax much when I'm at home, and when I have other chores to do around the house it makes it hard to sit down and focus on homework.  So, this was an opportunity for me to really get busy with typing these papers!  While the garage sale was going on and I was working on homework, I also had the Red River Rivalry on...Texas vs. OU!  Except...Texas lost...but that's ok because I'm an Aggie fan anyways.  And they won!!!  They beat Tech later that evening...so I was one happy girl!  But, I had the TV turned down super low and actually wound up finishing my papers and some extra stuff that I realized I needed to do for this class.  I even wound up having so much spare time that I got most of my portfolio project finished so all I had to do the following week was tweak it a bit and turn it in!  I made a 98 in the class...so thank goodness for Mimi's house and getting to finish homework.  Woo Hoo!!!  When I took breaks from typing, I would take Faith outside to play and check on mom and Mimi to see how the garage sale was going.  She loves to be out there with all the people that come.  They always think she's so sweet and pretty and she gets lots of extra love from them.  We cleaned up after the garage sale was over and pretty much just crashed on the couch.  They were tired from all the work they did and my brain was mud from all the research and typing!  That's when we watched the Aggies whoop some butt when they played Tech...Gig 'Em!



Heading down the road to Hamilton!  Faith likes to be as close to the front as possible...and sit in really awkward positions!

This was one of the times I took her outside to see what was going on at the garage sale...so cute!

Faith again "helping" at the garage sale!
I love this little girl so much...she is so sweet!  We had another fun trip down to see Mimi...but we were pooped!  We can't wait to go down and visit again.  We love you so much Mimi!!!
Oh...did I mention that I have the BEST husband in the entire world?!?!?  He is so thoughtful and sweet...I really don't know how I got so lucky!  But...this is what I came home to when Faith and I came home from Hamilton.  He surprised me with these beautiful flowers, a card that he had written the sweetest things in, AND he wrote out I love you in chocolate chip teddy grahams (which happen to be my favorite)!  I love you Cody Kelley...thanks for spending the rest of your life with me!

3 comments:

  1. wow! you've been doing lots of blogging, girl! love how detailed your posts are too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Cody is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle!!! I have been doing tons of blogging! I had so many drafts going and finally had time to sit down and type all the posts...I had enough new posts to publish one every day for awhile! You are so sweet! Congratulations on the newest member of your family...he is such a handsome little man!

    Amie...I miss you!!! I'm sorry we missed each other at homecoming. We need to get together again soon! Love you sis!!!

    ReplyDelete