Bubblegum Betty

Monday, October 24, 2011

ACU Homecoming

Yay for homecoming!!!  ACU's homecoming was last weekend and the entire weekend was filled with lots of fun festivities!  I didn't go to any of them but the parade this year...but I had a blast going to that and seeing some friends from college.  I was in a sorority called Ko Jo Kai, also known as the Kojies, when I was at ACU.  Every year all the sororities and fraternities get together the morning of homecoming and have their annual club breakfasts.  Me and another group of girls usually go, but we just decided not to this year.  Most of my girlfriends have new babies and it was just going to be too hard to try and get their precious babies up and ready to go so early in the morning.  Plus, it makes for a long day for them.  After breakfasts, the homecoming parade takes place.  Then, the football game starts at 2:00.  But, we did go to the homecoming parade and cheer on our little NuNu's!!!  NuNu's are Kojie pledges...and they did so good this year!  Every club's pledges make a float for the parade and they are judged by judges every year.  The winner's are announced during half-time at the football game.  The year I was pledging...we WON!  Go NuNu's/Kojies...YAY!!!

Since we didn't go to breakfast this year, we were definitely there for the parade!  I went with Abbie and her sweet mom, who I met for the first time.  Now I know why Abbie is such a sweetheart...she has had a wonderful example from her precious momma!  They are such a sweet family!  I also took Faith...DUH!  I know that this completely shocks all of you!  I was going to try and take Trigger too...but I thought that might be too hard.  The band plays, there are horses, and just all the extra people and added noise...I just saw a circus in my future if I tried to take both of them.  Maybe next year Cody can come too and we can each have one of them to keep track of.  We would try to take Sarge...but he isn't much for loud noises.  It scares him...bless his heart!  But, Faith had a lot of fun and everyone thought she was so sweet and pretty.  In fact, when the baseball team walked by, each and everyone of the players came by and pet her.  She wasn't sure what to think about it at first.  All these boys were making a bee line towards her.  But when she realized she was going to get some attention and loving out of it...she let them pet her.  It was pretty cute!  Abbie and I had fun!  We got to catch up for a little bit and talk about all her fun wedding plans.  She and Josh are going to have such a beautiful and fun wedding!  It's going to be at Perini's (YUM!) and they are going to have Callahan Divide play.  There will be so many friends and family there...it will be just one big celebration of their new life together!  God is soo good and I'm so thankful that He has brought these two together!  Homecoming is always a fun time.  It's good to see friends from college and catch up with them on what's been going on in their lives.  I look forward to next year's homecoming!!!

Getting ready to go watch the parade!  Her leash is pink and her harness is green...I totally planned the Kojie color scheme!  But...she has to have a camo collar so her daddy can take her hunting!!!

KO JO KAI!!!

Great job NuNu's!!!  You guys did an aweseome job on the float and sounded great in the parade!  I love my Kojie girls!!!

On our way home from the homecoming parade...we had so much fun!!!

I'm obsessed...so this is just another picture I took of her becuase I thought she was cute!  I think she was looking at some birds that were flying by while we were stopped at a stop sign...she and Trigger love to go and fetch birds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment