Bubblegum Betty

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Gavin Reid Turnage!!!

Oh my goodness...my friend's have the cutest babies!!!  Seriously, I could just cuddle with them all day long!  One of the last weekend's in September, Cody and I went down to Lewisville to see our friend's Amie and Ryan.  Amie was my big sis in the sorority we were in at ACU and we have been best friends ever since!  She is precious, sweet, caring, thoughtful, hilarious, a great shopping buddy, an amazing wifey, and now...and amazing MOMMY!!!  Gavin was born on July 12, 2011 and is such a handsome little guy.  I had gone to see Amie back in June before Gavin was born and we have just been so busy since he was born that we hadn't gotten to see them or their new little man yet!  So, in August we began planning on a time to come down and see them.  September was perfect for all of us and so we booked a hotel room for a weekend and then headed down to see them.  We left early on a Saturday morning, got there, checked into our hotel, and then headed over to The Cheesecake Factory in the Southlake Shopping Center to meet them for lunch!  It was so wonderful to see them and eat at such a yummy place for lunch!  I got to hold precious little Gavin for a bit and loved every minute of it!  He is such a good baby...they are so lucky! 

After lunch, it was time for Gavin to take a nap, so Amie and Ryan headed home and Cody and I stayed at the Southlake Shopping Center for about an hour and shopped.  Then, we headed over to Amie and Ryan's to spend a little more time with them before we each had our own date nights!  Amie and I went upstairs and just talked and caught up while Gavin was still napping.  The boys stayed downstairs and watched sports and talked about manly things!  Before we knew it, they were coming upstairs to get us because we each had dinner reservations for that night.  Amie and Ryan were going on their first date as new parents and Cody and I were going on a date because of how busy we've both been lately!  We headed over to Texas 'de Brazil (one of my FAVES!) and had a super yummy and oh-so-filling dinner.  Afterwards, we went to Bass Pro Shop for a little bit, the hotel we stayed at was right behind the store in Grapevine!  That was handy :-)  We walked around and just spent some time together before heading back to the hotel and relaxing...and watching college football of course!  On Sunday, we got up and had breakfast at the hotel and then headed home.  Cody had plans to go out to the deer lease (of course!) before we had life group that night at 6:00.  I stayed home and did some minor chores and loved on our babies while he was gone.  We miss them so much...even if we've only been gone a day or two!

It was SO good to see Amie, Ryan, and Gavin!  I miss them so much...but it is always so good to see them and catch up with them.  I think Amie and I could talk for days and days and never run out of things to say (or laugh at).  And now that they have Gavin, we have even more things to talk about!  It was also good to get some insight from her about having a new baby.  Cody and I are getting closer and closer to having the serious talk about trying to have kids.  We're not quite there yet.  I'll graduate with my Master's in May and I think after that it will be easier for me to wrap my head around the idea of a baby.  I'm just so busy right now with school and he's so busy with work, it's hard to think about a baby coming into the mix!  I know there will always be something, but really, school is so demanding and I'm so close to finishing...we can wait a few more months!  But, Amie is a Speech Pathologist in a school district and so we have similar schedules.  Our personalities are also very similar.  We're both pretty much neat freaks, super organized, and we each have our own things that we consider "me" time that we both still want to keep when babies come around.  She just reinforced that those things are all still possible...but then you have a precious little baby that you get to spend time with!  And that's all that really matters in this life anyways.  Spending time with family and friends and raising our babies in a Christian home so that they grow up to be believers and bring other people to know Christ.  Gavin is adorable and I am so glad that we finally got to meet that precious bundle of joy!!!

Me cuddling with sweet little Gavin!  I seriously couldn't get enough of this little guy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment