Bubblegum Betty

Friday, August 26, 2011

Another Year Older

Well...I can no longer say that I'm in my early or even mid-twenties.  I have officially passed over to the mid to late twenties milestone.  Wah, wah, wah!  My birthday was on August 14th and I turned 26!!!  I tease that I'm just going to stay 25 until it's very obvious that I could no longer pass for someone even in my twenties!  Hehe...I actually have enjoyed getting a little older.  I have grown more as a person, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally over these past few years and I really give a lot of credit to Cody on that one.  He (and my parents of course!) has never been afraid to call me out whenever I'm having a "moment." It's helped me to be aware of myself and my emotions so that I can handle problems or other situations in a way that the outcome will be positive and my relationships grow stronger.  My parents obviously had a big hand in this since they raised me for the first 18 years of my life, but it's nice having my husband continue to help me grow to become a better person.  I am so thankful for my precious family and my amazing husband...and our three babies!  It's so nice to be surrounded by the people (family and friends) that you love on a special day, like your birthday!

My birthday has always been right around the time school started, and this year it was the Sunday before I had to go back to school and start in-service.  However, that didn't stop me from celebrating!  This year, Cody was actually gone on my birthday, which was kinda sad.  But, he and his dad got to spend a lot of time together and see some beautiful scenery while being away.  They went on a 10 day motorcycle trip all the way from Abilene, to South Dakota, to Indiana, and then back home...4,000 miles!  Since Cody was gone, I spent pretty much the whole day with my family and the babies (dogs)!  We went to Perini's for lunch...which is hands down the BEST place to eat on the face of this world.  Don't argue with me...I'll win!!!  Michael's girlfriend's dad and grandparents were in town and she had actually made reservations out there and we joined them.  So, it was nice getting to spend some time with her family while eating the delicious food!  On Sunday's Perini's has a brunch that includes all the home cooked classics.  The food is all so, so good and you really can't go wrong with ordering anything.  I decided to order off the menu and got a grilled chicken sandwhich with grilled jalapenos, green chiles, and mushrooms...yummy!!!  Everyone else went through the brunch buffet line and we all chowed down!  After lunch my sweet family came over to our house and we took some pictures and opened presents.  My parents got me a Visa gift card that I think I will use to purchase my next piece of David Yurman and Michael got me a new set of work-out clothes!  All will be put to good use!  My sweet husband also got me a few things for my birthday even though he wasn't there to celebrate that day.  I have been wanting a second wedding band on my ring, and so that's just what he got me!  So, now I have a ring on either side of my engagement ring and it looks amazingly fabulous!!!  He also surprised me with a new set of work-out clothes.  So, I've got a whole new wardrobe for the gym...love it!  I hoestly didn't think I was going to be getting anything else from him since he was having another band made for my wedding ring.  But, right before he left for his trip, he surprised me with the work-out clothes and two sweet, sweet cards.  So thankful for that man!  For the rest of the day, mom and I ran a few errands and then my mom, dad, and I went to Jason's Deli for dinner.  We went to Nikki's for some frozen yogurt and then I went home and spent some time with the pups.  I had to get a few things ready to go to school the next day and once that was all done, I watched the Sex and the City movies and just relaxed.  All in all it was an amazing day and I look forward to seeing what God has in store for me this next year!
Pictures of my family and I and my three babies on my birthday!

My amazing ring with my new band that Cody got for me for my birthday!  B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!


1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a happy birthday, and your new band is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete