Bubblegum Betty

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wake Up Call!

Most people use an alarm clock when they need to get up in the mornings.  But...I have something else that helps me to wake-up and get out of bed.  That sweet little thing is my precious Faith.  I have said before that she sleeps with Cody and I, most of the time she is smack dab in between us.  During the week, I do use an alarm clock.  Faith isn't quite ready to get up at 4:40 (when I go work-out before work) or 5:30 (when I go to work-out after work) in the mornings during the week.  But on the weekends, she is ready to get up and snuggle between 7:00 and 8:00!  I say get up and snuggle...she is really just ready to eat!  The other two dogs promptly follow suit and began stirring and making noise in the living room.  Sarge sleeps on the couch and when he wakes up, he just shakes his head so you can hear his collar and then comes and stands at our door.  Trigger still sleeps in her kennel the majority of the time and when she wakes up, she cries and becomes super fussy!  Either way, when it's time to get up, they are ready and full of lots and lots of energy!

I had to write about Faith giving me my "wake-up call" because this past weekend she was so sweet and loving.  All summer long I've been at home with them all day long.  So, this past week when I was at school for in-service, they were all home alone and became very attention deprived.  Yeah right!  Those dogs get so much attention...they don't even know how spoiled they are! We definitely love those three little wiggly butts so, so much!  Well, on Saturday, Faith started to wake-up and make her way to my side of the bed.  She was actually laying at our feet and I heard and felt her moving towards me.  Before I could even roll over to see her, she was right at my face, gave me some kisses and then laid right on top of my face!  When I finally rolled over she moved to lay on my chest and then nestled her head on the other side of my neck and laid there for a few minutes.  I loved on her while she laid there and after she knew I was awake and getting ready to get up, she proceeded to give me sugars.  It was just so sweet and so loving.  When she started getting up, I asked her if she wanted food and she bolted to the door and our snuggle time was over!  Miss Faith does the same thing with Cody in the mornings if I'm already up or gone.  She just loves to be snuggled in the mornings and at night!  You just don't realize how much love these doggies have in their hearts.  They can make any bad day turn into a good one...or even start your day off good!  We are so thankful that we have these three loves.  They are each so different and have their own little personalities that make them even more special!

No comments:

Post a Comment