Bubblegum Betty

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sing Song 2011

So, during the month of February, ACU puts on this big musical production called Sing Song.  It's where all the sororitiess, fraternities, classes, and mixed voices practice for hours and hours to put on one of the biggest musical productions in Abilene.  There is one winner from each division, and it is very highly cherished to be the winner of Sing Song.  Especially if you are in a sorority or fraternity.  It's super competitive...but always fun!  There are six hosts and  hostesses that perform in between each act, and let me tell you they are always amazing.  ACU has been putting on Sing Song since 1956 and every year it gets better and better.  When I was at ACU, I was in the sorority called Ko Jo Kai.  We are known as Kojies...and we WON Sing Song this year!!!  It was so amazing to see our "Little Club of Women" up there on stage making all us alumni proud.  They were so cute this year.  They're show was called "Once You Pop, the Fun Don't Stop."  They were popcorn...and most definitely the cutest little popcorn I've ever seen.  So, I said earlier that the practicing goes on for many hours and for several days a week.  You'll see what I mean when you watch the video of the Kojies from the link I'll post in here from their final show on Saturday night.  Everything is choreographed and the songs are put together from various artists and alumni.  The costumes and props are all made by hand.  It's a very big deal!  I remember being in college and doing all the preperation for Sing Song.  It involved many sleepless nights, but lots of fun and excitment always went along with it.  There was so much anticipation building up to each show, and you really become closer with the girls in your sorority.  It was so much fun to be a part of when I was in college and it's also fun going back and sitting in the audience.  I had so much fun this year because not only did we win, but I got to go to Sing Song with my Big Sis.  She is one of my very best friends and she has been ever since I was pledging and she took care of me :-)  Her name is Amie and she and her husband, Ryan, are expecting their first baby in July.  They actually just found out that they're having a boy!!!  His name is going to be Gavin...so cute!  Anyways, if your sorority or fraternity win, then you get to go up on the stage and sing your club song.  So, since we won, we got to do that this year and it was amazing!  Amie and I stood together with women who were ranging in ages from 19 to 90 singing and stomping the way only Kojies can!  You really are sisters with these women.  It's always fun to see the pride that we all have for our sorority and the love we all have for each other!  Enjoy the performance from our Little Club of Women!!!

Me and Amie after Sing Song :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment