Bubblegum Betty

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Seiden Grace...You are TWO months old!!! (12-19-13)




How, oh how, is this precious angel already 2 months old?!?  I have been looking at pictures from when she was first born and then one month old and now these two month old pics.  She has grown SO much!  We see her everyday, so sometimes it's hard to really tell how much she's growing and changing.  But, I do know that she is gaining weight because she is much heavier when I hold her and I can especially tell when I feed her!  She feels the heaviest when she's eating because she just gets so relaxed and pretty much just goes limp in my hands.  And then, she gets ready to be done eating and gets so fidgety it's hard to keep the bottle in her mouth!  She's a pretty good eater, but sometimes she fights her bottles.  I think a lot of it has to do with all the stuff that went on with the cyst and her surgery.  We still have to remind ourselves that for the first 12 days of her life she ate off of the feeding tube.  Even though she's been eating from a bottle for almost 2 months, this is not the way that she originally learned how to eat.  When she gets tired, she has to keep pulling off the bottle and can't sleep through her feedings like she did when she was being fed from the feeding tube.  We're putting about 4 ounces of breastmilk in her bottles for 7 feedings and she's eating anywhere from all 4 ounces to only 2 ounces.  Her pediatrician said that she's getting plenty and gaining weight and couldn't be healthier though.  So, we'll just keep on keeping on!

One of the biggest changes we've seen in her is how much more awake and active she is throughout the day.  She still naps a lot, but she is really more cat napping now than sleeping the entire time in between feedings.  She will be sound asleep and then I'll look up at her in her swing or bouncer, and she is just wide awake looking around at her little world.  And get this...she has been sleeping through the night since she was about 7 weeks old!  It's pure bliss.  Cody puts her to bed after he feeds her at 11:00 and then I usually have to go in and wake her up for the day when I get her up at 6:30.  I don't know if I've mentioned the schedule that we're on.  But, we are going off of the Baby Wise method and we absolutely love it.  I know that "sleep training" and Baby Wise is controversial.  But, we absolutely love, love, love it.  It works perfectly for us and Seiden couldn't be doing better by us going off of this method.  She's on a schedule, so I can plan my days around her feedings for when I need to run errands, clean house, go grocery shopping, or have coffee dates/play dates with my besties and their babies.  She never fusses in between feedings unless she's overtired or has a poopey diaper.  And...did I mention she's been sleeping through the night since week 7?!?  Baby Wise...it's worked wonders for us!

Cody and I have also worked out a schedule that works so wonderful for both of us.  I decided in the hospital that I didn't want to nurse.  However, I am absolutely pumping between 5 and 6 times a day so my precious angel gets that amazing breastmilk.  I think I may be somewhat of a milk machine.  I'm currently producing anywhere from 4-115 ounces of breastmilk every time I pump!  Just call me Elsie!!! Now...when I pump almost 15 ounces, I've gone about 7 1/2 hours since the last time I pumped.  During the day, when I'm pumping about every 4-5 hours, I get about 4-6 ounces every time.  Anyways, Cody is a night owl and I'm an early bird.  Our whole marriage, I have always gone to bed long before he does and get up long before he does.  Mainly because I go workout before I go to work everyday, so that calls for an early bedtime.  That schedule for us hasn't changed since we had Seiden.  It just made sense, for us, for him to stay up for the last feeding (which is between 10:30-11:00) and I'd get up with her anytime she got up during the night.  Well, now that she's sleeping through the night, I still have to get up to pump.  I go to bed between 8:30 and 9:00 (after I've pumped) and then get up at 4:00.  I pump, then head straight to the gym so I can get a workout in before I have to take care of our little princess.  Before we had Seiden, I was getting up at 4:40...so this really isn't a big schedule change for me.  It's worked wonders for us though.  Cody can get a few extra hours of sleep and I can go and get "me time" in, come home and get completely ready for the day, and get Seiden up and ready for the day and we are all happy and get to do things we want to do.  Oh...and we all sleep through the night...which is HUGE!  Thank goodness for the video monitor just in case she happens to wake up while I'm gone!  She hasn't though...knock on wood!

The one poopey thing about Seiden being 2 months old...her shots!  Such a bummer and a hard day for mommy.  I was so worried that she would just have such a hard time with her shots, she had to get 4, or would have a reaction to one of them.  Then, I was worried that she would be extra fussy for a few days after them.  I know how my arm feels after I get a shot...it's just a bit sore for a few days.  I'm sure she had some soreness in her legs, but she sure didn't act like they bothered her at all!  She was such a champ.  When she got her shots, she let out a big, blood curdling cry, then cried for about 5 minutes after that, and then was absolutely fine!  When we left the doctor's office...she was just happy and content and just as sweet as ever!  This is the picture that I took right before we left...look at how precious she is!!!

Miss Seiden Grace weighed 8 pounds and 11 ounces and was 21.5 inches long!  She's little...but growing!  Dr. Tuegel was happy with her growth and her sleep patterns and said that everything else checked out perfectly!  We got back when she's 4 months old!

My favorite thing that has happened since our princes turned two months old...she smiled!



It was the day after Christmas and I will never ever forget it!  It was the best Christmas present that she will ever give me!  We love you so much Seiden Grace Kelley.  You have blessed our lives more than you will ever know.  We are just so in love with you and fall more and more in love with you each and everyday.  We just pray God's greatest blessings into your precious and amazing life.  You will do great things for His Kingdom and we can't wait to watch God move through you!

No comments:

Post a Comment