Bubblegum Betty

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Seiden Grace...You are THREE Months Old!!! (1-19-14)

 

My tiny, sleepy, wrinkly little newborn has blossomed into a talking, beaming, smiling, laughing, wiggly, snuggly, and still tiny, 3 month old.  Her precious little cheeks are just as full and plump as they can be and mommy and daddy steal LOTS and LOTS of sugars from those gorgeous, rosy red cheeks!  The puppies also love to steal lots and lots of sugars from their sister.  When I'm holding her and sitting on the couch, trusty mommy pup Faith is right there beside me, usually sharing half of the Boppy, making sure that Seiden is being well attended to and giving lots of love when she sees fit.  Trigger mainly likes to give Seiden sugars right after she's eaten.  I guess she's just helping her clean up the extra milk she spills on those sweet cheeks of hers!  Sarge is still kinda just "whatever" with her!  He likes to go and check on her, sniff her a bit, then heads off to find his appropriate spot on the couch...usually stealing one of our spots!

Anyways...this precious little angel is not lacking in the love and attention department!  She is SO loved by so many...especially our family.  My parents can't get enough of her and when they're over, the pretty much steal her from one of us if we are holding her so they can get their Seiden time.  Needless to say...we are going to have one spoiled little princess on our hands!  Oh well...she's a little princess and a precious angel...and she already knows it and has us hooked around every finger and toe we all have!  And, can you blame us?!?!  This girl is so adorable and beautiful it's hard not to just fall completely in love and want to hand her the world.  Maybe I'm a bit partial...but I'm ok with that!  I do have to say...she looks like a little Snow White.  She has the rosiest red cheeks and lips, the softest, most pure skin, and the most precious head of dark hair.  Again...I know I'm partial...but she takes my breath away!

In the last month, she has grown and done so much.  She is even more active now than she was at 2 months.  She is very aware of the world around her and really zones in on things that really catch her attention.  Mainly things that are moving is what catches her attention the most.  When I'm sitting on the couch holding her and the TV is on, she has got her head turned to it and watches all the movements.  I'm sure all the colors, constant movement, and sound really catch her eye.  When she gets bored, she'll just turn her head all around and look at other things around the room.  My favorite is when she just stares deep into my soul with those big, beautiful, blue eyes of hers.  I love it when I'm watching her and she all of a sudden just turns to me and looks at me and then stares at me for awhile.  But the best part...is when she smiles!  That girl has got a smile on her that lasts for days.  She smiles so big sometimes I don't think she knows what to do with herself and she'll just turn her head and kinda laugh and let out a coo, then turn right back and do it again.  Oh man...talk about something that will totally change your world!  I never knew that a little smile could totally turn my whole world right side up.  It's like...everything is just right and perfect in the world when she does it...it melts me!  She very much knows who her mommy and daddy are.  Cody gets lots of smiles out of her too and she really talks to him.  This little girl LOVES her daddy!!!  And I love that she is a daddy's girl.  I am a huge daddy's girl and always will be.  So, it's so sweet to sit back and watch Cody and Seiden's relationship develop.

Besides knowing who her mommy and daddy are, Seiden is very much aware of and knows who her family is.  My parents (Opa and Bella), brother (Uncle Stick), and Cody's dad (Granddude) have all gotten lots of smiles and coos out of her.  Opa and Bella spend a lot of time with her, we just live across the street, so they see her several times a week and have also kept her for us overnight when we had our first date night a couple weeks ago.  So, she has really been smiling and cooing at them for awhile.  And Uncle Stick has gotten several smiles too...she sure loves her sweet Uncle!  Cody's dad was over this weekend after not seeing her for a few days and she smiled at him for the first time.  It was so sweet...he teared up when she did it!  It seriously is the best.  Her eyes just immediately change and light up, then she smiles and her whole face just lights up into the most beautiful, big smile I've ever seen.  It's amazing.  She's smiled a few people she's just met too.  Mainly friends at church and her sweet teachers at day care.  Yes...day care.  I started back to work last week.  But, when she meets new people for the first time, she just mainly checks them out.  You can see it all over her face that she's trying to figure out who these people are.  She is so expressive and really talks with her eyes.  She'll kind furrow her eyebrows when she's really trying to figure something new out.  And, she constantly moves her hands.  She is always wiggling her little fingers around and is continuously putting her hands to her mouth.  It's so cute!

She is the best thing to come home to after getting off work.  Her...and having my sweet family of 6 all home together under one roof!  I am in my second week back and it has been such an easy transition.  Seiden's spot at her day care opened up on January 6th and I came back to work on January 13th.  So, that week before I came back and her spot was open, I took her for a few hours everyday so that she could adjust to being in a new place.  And...let's be real.  Mommy needed to adjust too!  I took her for 4 hours the first day, 5 the next two days, and 6 the last two days.  She did great everyday.  But, everyday also got better and better.  She really fights her bottles sometimes, so I was really wanting to make sure that her sweet teachers knew that she would eat, but it could just take a little longer for her than it does for other babies.  I don't know if it's because of her having surgery under her neck and still having some swelling or being fed by someone new.  Probably a combo...but there are times when we are doing cartwheels if she eats an ounce to an ounce and half out of a 4 ounce bottle!  Then...there are times when it takes her 2 minutes to down all 4 ounces.  Who knows...but I wanted to be able to be home if she had a hard day and struggled before I just put her in day care for 8 hours without having some time to ease into it and get used to something new.  And...she loves it!  And we love the place she's going, her teachers, and everyone else that works there.  It's a precious day care that focuses on a Christ-based curriculum.  Of course, she isn't on any type of curriculum right now.  But, when I've gone in there and they have music playing, it's Christian lullabies...which I love!  And I am really loving being back at work.  I miss my precious angel like crazy and think about her constantly.  But, I also love my job, what I do, my bosses, my co-workers, and my kiddos.  Plus, spring break is right around the corner, then summer isn't too far off after spring break.  For me, being a teacher is the best job I could have as a working mommy.  I'm off early, I have all the major holiday's off, I have Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break, and then summer all off to spend time with her.  And...like I said...I absolutely love my school and everything about it!

Our precious girl is 3 months old and I know we'll blink and I'll be typing her 4 month post.  This precious, precious time is flying by.  It's amazing how much more active she is and how aware she is of everything.  She bats at toys, kicks her feet, moves her hands and arms all around, smiles, coos, and just simply loves.  Seiden is so amazing and precious in every way.  She is truly our precious miracle sent straight to us from God.  I am SO glad that He chose us to be her parents.  My world has completely changed since she came into it on October 19, 2013 and it will never, ever be the same again.  It is so much better and Cody and I both have so much more to live for.  I just hope and pray that we lead by example so that she comes to know our loving and gracious heavenly Father.  I want her to have everything she desires.  But, my greatest desire for her is know, love, and have a relationship with her Father who created her and knitted her together in my womb.  My heart explodes for her and I just grow more and more in love with her each and everyday.  Mommy and Daddy love you so much Seiden Grace!!!  You are an answer to our prayers and you will never know the unconditional love we have for you or how much joy you bring to our lives each and everyday!!!  Happy 3 Months Precious Angel!!!

These were too cute not to include!!!  We were trying to get her to smile and me to take the picture fast enough.  The last one (the one at the top of the post) is the one when we finally got her to cooperate and me to actually get it on camera.  But these others are just so cute of her!





1 comment:

  1. Precious!!! Love your blog. Jace turned 7 months Tuesday. It is going way too fast

    ReplyDelete