Bubblegum Betty

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Our Sweet Little HONEYDEW!!! (Week 32)

Oh my goodness...can we already be 32 weeks into this pregnancy?!?!?  I knew that the weeks would really start to fly once school started.  But...oh my...I had NO idea they were going to go this fast!  I can't believe that we've already checked the 3rd week of school off the calendar.  And really...I've been back 4 weeks already because of in-service.  Although, I have to say, I have gotten a TON done.  All my lesson plans are done for when I leave to go on maternity leave.  Which, October 4th is my last day at school, so maternity leave starts in 3 weeks...holy moly!  Dr. Tabor wants me close by at least 2 weeks before we deliver, so that's why I'll be out so much sooner than normal.  Anywho...almost every single thing is also checked off of my technology to-do list.  I've set-up 55 new iPads, 3 new computers, installed a bunch of software for teachers on their computers, helped rearrange a few computers in other teacher's classrooms, ordered 2 iPad carts for two classroom set of iPads, and gotten the last 5 computers ordered that need to be distributed into classrooms where the old runs are just...well old!  Once those 5 computers and 2 iPad carts come in and are all set-up...I'll be DONE!  And...they should be here this week.  So, by the end of the week, I should be all set for leaving and not having a bunch of stuff on my mind.  I hate leaving people needing things and knowing I'm not going to be there to help them, it really bothers me.  But now, I can rest assured that everything will be done and taken care of technology wise.  And, that my sweet kiddos will be all set with their long-term sub when I'm out.  Now, I can just focus on bringing this sweet, precious baby girl into this world safe and sound!!!

Other than the stuff going on at school, this week was a pretty low-key week.  I got a few errands run for a couple of showers I'm helping to throw, went to a Junior League general meeting, worked a volunteer work shift for Junior League packing Suds Buds packed at the Abilene Food Bank (that was on Saturday), had an eye doctor's appointment, and then had a 2 week check-up with Dr. Tadvick to see how our sweet Seiden Grace was growing and what all else she was up to!  That sounds like a lot...but it was pretty well spread out throughout the week.  As for the appointment with Dr. Tadvick, it was perfect!  I've still only gained 10 pounds...but Seiden is growing and my stomach and uterus is measuring exactly to how far along I am.  I asked if I needed to do something else to gain more weight.  Dr. Tadvick said as long as she's growing and that my stomach and uterus are growing, there is no reason to be concerned with my weight.  So...I'm going to stop asking and just keep trucking right along with what I've been doing this whole time!  Seiden's heart rate was 148...perfect and strong as always!  The nurse had a hard time getting her heart rate this time.  She was ALL over the place!  I could feel her wiggling and bumping around the whole time the nurse was trying to get a steady read on her heart rate.  But...our sweet girl is quite the little mover and does not stay still for very long.  Unless she's sleeping...then she's completely still and quiet!  The appointment was short and sweet.  We talked for a few minutes about the appointment last week with Dr. Tabor and praised God for the news about us not having to be there more than a few weeks.  Dr. Tadvick even declared that we would be checking out of the hospital within days.  So, I'm going to declare that we will be out of the hospital when I'm discharged after having a C-Section!  He pulled out his measuring tape to show us how small 2.89cm is...which is how much that cyst is measuring.  It's TINY!!!  And, we know that God is going to continue to keep her growing, healthy, and strong and keep that cyst from growing at all if not completely disappearing.  It's always good to hear good news from your doctors about your baby...and we owe it all to God for protecting Seiden, answering our prayers, and showing us His miraculous healing powers.

And for Seiden...she is just the most amazing, precious, and beautiful angel that I could have ever imagined!  She is getting SO big!  I feel her pretty much all throughout the day now.  Unless I am just so busy, not sitting down, and really on my feet for hours at a time, she is stretching, doing somersaults, pushing up and making her appearance known, and just bumping and wiggling all around!  Even as I write this, I can feel her sweet little feet stretching out right up under my ribs.  It's all a very welcome feeling, even if it's a lot of pressure sometimes.  It just reinforces that she is growing, healthy, and strong.  Plus...it's just really so cool and the most amazing thing to feel!  But, I have to say...what's even more amazing than feeling her is seeing her.  At night, I'll lift up my shirt and just watch my stomach move in waves.  It's absolutely amazing!!!  I think she is definitely going to keep us on our toes when she comes!  And...her nursery is complete and looks absolutely more beautiful than I could have ever pictured in my head!  All her clothes, blankets, burps, hats, etc. is washed and put away.  The dresser/changing table is organized and ready for many, many diaper changes.  And, the nightstand is all set-up and ready to go for feedings!  Dallas and Britain re-did the dress/changing table, armoire, and nightstand that we bought for her at an estate sale.  And let me just say...it is absolutely perfect, so, so beautiful, and more than we could have ever imagined or hoped for.  It looks so beautiful in her room and we can't wait to bring her home to it!  Seiden Grace...you continue to grow each and everyday and we just fall more and more in love with you.  We never could have imagined how much you would consume our hearts...we love you so much precious angel!

Seiden Grace at 32 Weeks:
  • You weigh 4.2 pounds and are 18 inches long!
  • You are the size of a sweet honeydew melon!!!
  • You continue to develop your precious little immune system as you grow.
  • You now have toenails, fingernails, and hair...which we already knew because we saw it last week in the sonogram!  And...you have a ton of it sweet girl!  Get ready for lots and lots and lots of headbands and hairbows!
  • Your precious, beautiful skin is becoming softer and smoother ans you plump up...how sweet and cute is that?!?!?
  • You are so, so, so active!  And mommy just loves it!  Daddy does too, and when he's home, his hands are glued to my belly so he can love on you and feel you.
  • You get so much loving from your Opa and Bella...they love to rub on my belly and feel you every chance they get!
  • Your Uncle Michael also loves to give you loving...you are going to be more loved than you know!
  • We are counting down the days until we meet you Seiden Grace.  You are going to be the light of our world and we can't wait to hold you in our arms!  We love you more than we could ever express!!!
Only 8 More Weeks To Go!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment