Bubblegum Betty

Friday, September 20, 2013

A crazy new fruit...a DURIAN FRUIT!!! (Week 33)

Well...here we are at week 33!  I can't believe how fast time is flying.  This past Tuesday was exactly 5 weeks away from us having our precious Seiden Grace...and we can't wait!  Although we say that, we want her to stay nice and cozy and warm and in my tummy until October 22nd.  No surprises missy!!!  Even if we were going to just wait for her to come on her own...we're only 7 weeks away from being 40 weeks.  It's just gone by and continues to go by so very fast!  But I do have to say, we are so very ready.  Both of us just keep imagining what it will be like to see her and hold her for the first time.  It's so very overwhelming and such an amazing feeling.  I can't imagine how much better it will be when that day is actually here and she is in our arms!!!

Speaking of miss Seiden Grace...we had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Tabor this week.  It went really well and there were no issues or surprises...Praise The Lord for that!  I compare every single appointment back to the one we had in August when he was really concerned with the cyst and where it was on her neck because of it blocking her breathing and swallowing.  I call that appointment "the terrible awful."  If you've read The Help or seen the movie...you catch my drift!  Anyways, every appointment after that has been great.  Dr. Tabor has been extremely optimistic, encouraging, and happy with her growth, the amount of amniotic fluid levels, and the slight growth or lack there of growth of the cyst.  At the last appointment, she was positioned in a way that he couldn't really measure the cyst, but from what he could see it hadn't gotten much bigger if it even gotten bigger at all.  And, my amniotic fluid was perfect.  This time, she was positioned in a much better way for him to get a clear look at the cyst and get a really good measurement of it.  The sonogram technician didn't even come in this time, so we really didn't get to see much of her...such a bummer!  Dr. Tabor just came right in, sat down, checked the amniotic fluid levels, looked at her tummy, then went straight to her neck, found the cyst, and measured it.  The man was on a mission!  He said that her tummy looked absolutely perfect...all meaning that she's swallowing and everything on her insides are working as they should.  My amniotic fluid levels were perfect!  He was more than pleased with those 2 things and was super optimistic about her continued growth and development.  All that stuff means that cyst is not affecting her one single bit...it's just "there!"

As for the cyst, he measured it and said that it's gotten a little bit bigger.  So, of course, I asked him how much bigger and is it significantly bigger or just a little bit bigger.  He said that it's just a little bit bigger, nothing to be overly concerned with.  Especially because she has gotten so much bigger and continues to grow.  The measurement of the cyst was 4 X 7 centimeters...about the size of your pointer finger.  It's going long ways across her neck and it is growing out, not in.  Which is such an answered prayer!  Obviously, we want to see it getting smaller or go completely away.  But, we know that God is healing her and He is answering our prayers each and everyday.  I constantly pray for my amniotic fluid levels to be completely normal and where they should be for how far along I am and for the cyst to never, ever affect her in any way.  Especially when it comes to her breathing and swallowing.  And, God is doing just that.  He is protecting her from this cyst and He continues to keep her healthy, growing, and developing absolutely normally and perfectly.  As far as everything else goes, I really don't have much to report!  Dr. Tabor did say that we could be in the hospital for awhile...months possibly.  But, he also said he's just gotta give us the worst case scenario so that we are prepared and there as few surprises as possible.  He also said that they will either just monitor it, especially if it isn't affecting her breathing and swallowing once she's born.  Or, they will inject that fluid that causes the cyst to scar up and dissolve back into her body.  It all depends on how big it is when she's born and if it's affecting her at all, which we know it won't be.  We are standing firm in knowing that God wants her well and His intentions for her are to not be in the hospital.  He wants this cyst gone from her body, more than we do, and He wants her in the comfort of her own home with us and her puppy sisters and brother.  So, we are declaring in Jesus' name that she will be healed and we are commanding this cyst to be gone!

A little side note...Cody just sent me a text that our pastor, David McQueen, at Beltway sent him a text telling him that Seiden was on his mind.  He wanted to reach out and pray a prayer of healing over her and declared that he is standing with us in the complete healing of Seiden!  Man...I can't even put into words how amazing it is to know that our pastor is standing with us and declaring in Jesus' name for her to be healed.  The Bible says when two or more come together in my name, there I (God) will be and amazing things will happen.  Each and everyday we are more and more overwhelmed with the constant prayer and people reaching out to us telling us that they are praying for us and for Seiden.  We know that God is doing these amazing things for her because of all these people (most we don't even know) coming together in prayer for healing over her.  We are just so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful church congregation that believes in the healing powers of the Holy Spirit.  There is no greater physician than God and He has given us authority in Jesus' name to speak words of healing.  It gives me chills to know that the pastor of such a huge congregation always steps out in faith and reaches out to the members of his flock.  More than that, it gives me chills to see God working at this very second and doing His great works of miraculous healing.

And just for fun...I haven't really talked much lately about how I've been feeling or doing in these last final weeks of pregnancy.  Well...I couldn't feel more amazing!  Honestly, I feel absolutely and completely like myself, just with this ever-growing, sweet belly!  And, this sweet belly is constantly on the move!  Now that Seiden is bigger, and really doesn't have much room to shake, rattle, and roll, my stomach is constantly doing "the wave" or doing random bumps and jerks all throughout the day!  She also still likes to really stretch and push up and out on my belly...I think pretty soon we'll start to really be able to decipher body parts!  I've already got her booty down...it's right in the middle of my stomach!  And, when she pushes it out, it is front and center...and oh so cute!  Let's see...I am still running and CrossFitting everyday.  Which is so wonderful and makes me feel so good.  I am able to move around just as I always have...no waddling for this girl!  And most days, I go 90 to nothing...just like always!  I do rest at night and some on the weekends, but I just get so bored when I sit still for really long...I just like to be moving!  I've gained 12 pounds and am still wearing my normal clothes when I can.  Obviously, I can't wear any of my bottoms without a belly band or rubber banding the button hole.  But, they all still fit!  It's saved me a ton on not having to buy maternity clothes.  I do have a bunch of maternity tops.  Mainly because if I was still wearing my other ones, they'd be too short at this point and they would stretch out.  No need for that!  But, I give all the credit to a clean diet and running and CrossFitting.  A dear friend of mine actually sent me an article about women who CrossFit all through pregnancy.  I have to say...it's absolutely me to a "T" and has been all throughout this pregnancy.  I'm still lifting mildly heavy weights, doing burpees, pull-ups, push-ups, squats (in all forms), snatches, cleans, box jumps, etc.  I'll post the article at the end of this paragraph...it's a good read!  God has truly blessed me to have felt so amazing, be able to still work out, eat clean, and be absolutely comfortable all throughout this pregnancy.  I haven't had any cravings...unless you consider dying for a salad every time it's lunch or dinner a craving!  A big salad...one with meat, avocado, fruit, and nuts...oh yummy!!!  I was never ever sick a single day and my only true complaint was being absolutely exhausted during the first trimester.  But, that went away and hasn't come back!  I'm even still sleeping amazingly...and I haven't even had to buy one of those body pillows!  I have absolutely enjoyed being pregnant each and everyday and I hope for the next 5 weeks I just continue to savor every moment and relish in these last few weeks of carrying our sweet Seiden Grace! Oh...precious Seiden...we are so close to meeting you and holding you and loving you unconditionally for the rest of our lives.  We couldn't be more excited to be getting ready for you and the love we already have for you couldn't even be put into words.  We love you so, so much and can't wait to see your beautiful face!!!

Here's that article :-)
http://www.boxlifemagazine.com/training/crossfit-training-during-pregnancy

Seiden Grace at 33 Weeks:
  • You are the size of a durian fruit!!!  We have no idea what kind of a fruit that is...but if it's comparable to your size...we LOVE it!
  • You weigh 4.7 pounds and are 18.5 inches long!!!
  • You continue to put on that precious baby fat and plump up...so precious!
  • Your skeleton is hardening, but the bones aren't completely fused together yet.  The rest of your bones continue to harden as well.
  • You are keeping your beautiful eyes open when you are awake.
  • You are also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.
  • Your fingernails and toenails are also reaching the tips of your fingers and toes!  Oh the fun we'll have going to get manicures and pedicures...I can hardly wait!!!
  • Your sweet, sweet Uncle Michael absolutely adores you!  He loves to give you love and every time I see him, he just rubs all over my belly.  You are so blessed to have such a precious uncle...and mommy is so bless to have such a precious brother!
  • Your Opa and Bella also just continue to pour out their love over you...and spoil you completely!  They have done so much for you and helped mommy and daddy out more than we could ever thank them for.  By the way...you are going to be one well dressed little newborn in all the precious onesies they've bought for you!
  • We are so in love with you sweet Seiden.  We just love feeling and seeing you move and we love getting more and more ready for your arrival.  I can't believe that after all this time we will be holding you in our arms and gazing into your beautiful eyes.  You have forever changed us in every way possible and I can't wait to see what God has in store for our little family!
Only 7 Weeks To Go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment