Bubblegum Betty

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Remember CABBAGE Patch Kids?!? (Week 28)

Well...this week I turned 28 years old and Seiden 28 weeks old!!!  We both had some pretty fun celebrating to do since we were both turning another year and another week older!  I have said this before and I'll say it again...it's crazy how much can change in one week.  I was thinking back to last week and all the ups and downs that it brought to me and Cody as well as our family and friends.  They were all right along beside us as we struggled to wrap our minds around everything and rejoiced with us as we fully surrendered everything to our Lord and Savior.  And then I was thinking about this week and how much fun it's been.  Not one single day has been without something fun to do or celebrate.  Even the couple of days when I never even got out of my pj's!  Cause that in itself is worth celebrating!!!  Hey...this is the last week of summer vacay...I'm relishing in it!  And, the best part about this week...Cody was home last weekend and he will be home this weekend too!

Last Saturday, he wanted to celebrate my birthday because he was going to be back in Amarillo on the actual day of my birthday...which was Wednesday, August 14th!  He told me earlier on Saturday morning that he had made dinner reservations, but didn't tell me where.  He also told me that it was just going to be him and I...a nice quiet little celebration.  Our reservations were made for 6:30 and the closer we got to where we were going...I was starting to figure out where.  It was Abuelo's!!!  Which is both of our favorite Mexican food restaurant in Abilene...so I was super excited!  I can't remember the last time I ate at Abuelo's and he said he had really been having a craving for it...so it was perfect!  When we walked in, I started to walk up to the hostess stand and Cody passed right by it.  I stopped and looked at him so confused.  I knew we had reservations, but we still had to tell them who we were and that we were here.  He said that the lady had already told  him where our table was and we could go ahead and go right to it when we got there.  Weird...but I figured he was the one that had set everything up, so he grabbed my hand and followed him to the party room in the back.  He stopped a little before we got there so I could go first, and I was like, I'm still not sure where we're going!  So, he just said to go keep going to the party room.  Well...when I walked in there was a table full of inconspicuous people holding menus in front of their faces.  When we were just almost to the table, everyone put down their menus and yelled, "SURPRISE!!!"  My parents, brother, his girlfriend, Shayla, Brent, Bria, and Jansen, Britain and Dallas, and Josh and Abbie were all there surprising me with a fabulous birthday dinner!!!  Cody had called all the girls earlier in the week and they had helped put it all together...totally without me knowing!  And...I had been talking to them all week and even that day about our plans for the weekend.  When I told Abbie that Cody and I were going to celebrate my b-day with dinner that night, she was like...aww have so much fun XOXO!  Totally little sneakers!!!  She was in on it the whole time and totally played it off!  It was absolutely so precious of Cody to do something so special for me for my birthday.  I wouldn't have wanted to spend a birthday dinner with a precious group of friends and family more and it was all so yummy and so fun!  We ate and talked and enjoyed each other for a few hours and it was wonderful!  Britain also got me a sweet, precious card that is sitting on my kitchen counter...so sweet!  After dinner we came back home and Cody decided he wanted to go swimming.  So, we walked across the street to my parents house with Faith and Trigger and they had a swim/playdate with their daddy, Opa, and cousins!  Mom and I sat inside and talked while the boys and dogs relaxed and swam in the pool until nearly 11!  Oh...and I got a fabulous b-day present from my amazing hubby!  A brand new Cannon camera!!!  I know officially have a mommy camera that takes amazing pictures!  I can't wait to learn how to really use it and take pictures...especially of our precious baby girl!  Thanks for the amazing b-day babe...I couldn't have asked for anything better!  I love you so much!

On Sunday after church, Cody wanted to go and receive pray over Seiden and ask for healing for this cyst that our baby girl has on her neck.  He had talked to our pastor, David McQueen earlier in the week about what was going on.  Just mainly to ask for prayers for healing and for God to continue to grow and develop Seiden, keep her healthy, and to not allow this cyst to be any kind of a problem.  When Cody told David that, David said he wanted to pray over us on Sunday after church.  Which is absolutely amazing!  We are so blessed by our church family who is led by an amazing man that takes the time to pray over people and ask for God's healing hands to take over the situation and not allow the enemy to creep in and tell us lies.  So, after church, which is always amazing, we immediately went up to the front to tell David all that was going on and what the doctors had told us the week before.  He laid his hands on my belly, and me, Cody, my mom and dad joined.  He prayed for healing over Seiden and for God to continue to grow her, develop her, keep her healthy, and for him to just was His Holy Spirit over her.  He prayed for peace and for comfort for us and for us to not believe the enemy's lies and to trust and have faith in God that He will absolutely heal her.  He prayed over us and Seiden for awhile, and it was the most powerful thing that I have ever felt in my life.  I had been doing so good since last Wednesday, but after Sunday when David prayed over us, I have absolutely no doubt that this cyst will be nothing.  We are fully putting our faith and trust in God's hands and we believe in His healing powers.  Seiden is His precious baby girl and we know that His will and plan for her is absolutely perfect and we rejoice in knowing that He is in complete control and taking absolute perfect care of her.  God is so good!

Monday, I had a 4 week check-up with Dr. Tadvick and it couldn't have gone better!  Another answer to our prayers!  Seiden's heart rate was 149...absolutely perfect, strong, and healthy.  Mom went with me because Cody was already back in Amarillo.  And I'm always so glad whenever she goes when Cody can't.  We both talked to him for a long time about everything and told him the run down of the appointment the week before with Dr. Tabor.  He reassured me that there could be absolutely nothing wrong with Seiden, and even this cyst really isn't anything "wrong."  It's really just a crazy fluke that no one can really explain.  The only reason that the doctor in Ft. Worth is taking so many precautions and giving us the "worst" case scenario (which is the possibility of a long stay at Cooks) is because of the location of the cyst.  It's on her neck, right by her windpipe and esophagus and could cause her breathing problems the second she is out of my womb.  I don't know about you...but I don't hesitate one second to be as precautionary as possible when it comes to making sure my baby can breathe!  I certainly don't want to (and believe that it won't come to this) stay for months at Cooks, but if it's what's best for her, then absolutely that's what we'll do.  Just knowing that she will be perfectly fine and healthy for the rest of this pregnancy and we have a "plan" to get her here safely, and a "plan" for treating the cyst, is comforting.  I put plan in quotation marks because I know that this is first and foremost all God's plan.  And also because the doctors won't really know what the full "plan" will be when they deliver.  There are so many options for what could happen and it all depends on the size of the cyst when she gets here.  From ensuring she can breath the second she is out of my womb to how the cyst will be treated to how long our stay will be...it's all up in the air until this precious girl enters the world.  Just knowing that there will literally be a team of possibly 20 doctors and nurses doing all they can to make sure our little princess enters this world as easily as possible is comforting.  We have always known that she is special and will be our little princess...know the rest of the world will know it!  Of course...we can't wait to see the look on their faces when Dr. Tabor sees that the cyst is completely gone through God's healing powers!

And finally...my b-day!  I woke up around 6:00 am, just like I always do, to go to the dog house and run and do a WOD.  It was a great run and the WOD I did was Helen...which I LOVE!  It's 3 rounds for time: run a 400m, 21 KB swings, and 12 pull-ups.  Let me say...it took me A LOT longer to do it 28 weeks pregnant than it did the last time I did it not pregnant!  The last time I did Helen, I did it in 9:16.  I honestly have no idea how long it took me...I didn't time myself...but I would say it probably took me at least twice that!  It takes me a little longer to run...mainly because I have to watch my heart rate.  So I can't full out sprint right now.  And...being 10lbs heavier is tough doing those pull-ups!  I did all the KB swings unbroken and am still using the 16kg (35lb) KB...but I had to break the pull-ups into 6 and 6.  All and all...not bad for a prego girl!  I love running...it's so freeing...so I couldn't imagine doing anything else other than a one mile run and a WOD with running in it to celebrate my b-day!  When I got home from the dog house, my sweet babies greeted me with kisses and loving.  And then I noticed something sitting on my kitchen counter.  It was a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my dad and 3 sets of Bath and Body works lotion and shower gels from my mom!  She had snuck over while I was working out so that it would be waiting for me when I got home...so sweet!  My parents are amazing!  My dad is in Midland working...so they gave me another present on Sunday before he left.  Which was the new Coach Poppy perfume...it smells amazing!  I love being girly and all the fun smelly good stuff...so getting pampered with new perfume and shower gels and lotions was fabulous!  My mom, brother, and Shayla took me out to lunch as well.  We went to Abi Haus.  Which is a fairly new, absolutely amazing, restaurant in Downtown Abilene.  Lunch was amazing and it was so fun eating with everyone...Michael had us laughing the whole time!  Of course...we missed my dad and Cody being there...it's not the same without them!  And...I got an Express gift card from Michael and Victoria's Secret gift card from Shayla...my two favorites!!!  They are already burning holes in my pocket.  But, I've decided to save them and treat myself to some new things when Seiden is born!  After lunch, I headed home and a little bit later, Cody's mom and dad came by to see me.  They both gave me sweet cards and some money for my b-day and got to see Seiden's nursery.  I love spending time with them...so it was great getting to visit with each of them for a bit.  Then, I just spent the rest of the day relaxing!  Oh...and mom and I went to Nikki's for a b-day celebration treat!  It was a great day and I am excited for what 28 will bring!

And an update on Seiden!  She is such a little wiggle worm!  She is so active and it is amazing feeling her move and wiggle inside me.  I still mainly feel her when I'm being still, but I can feel her more and more whenever I'm working out, moving around, or just standing up.  But, when I'm laying or sitting down, you can seriously see my stomach moving at times!  She is a strong little girl and does not hesitate to let you know that she is wide awake and doing her WODs or gymnastic routines!  And because she is getting bigger and stronger, other people are really starting to get to feel her too!  Cody still just loves on her all the time and gives her so much love and she gives it right back!  My parents have felt her, my brother has felt her, and even some of our friends have felt her!!!  There is nothing in this world that I love more than feeling her move around.  Every time I feel her I just say a little prayer and give God thanks for continuing to lay His hands on her.  Knowing she is growing, developing, and getting stronger and healthy is amazing and I can't imagine how much more I will feel her the bigger she gets!  And...I have to make a shout out to my BFF and Sis, Amie (Witt) Turnage.  She opened up her Etsy shop this week and I bought Seiden the MOST adorable burp cloths!!!  The name of her shop is Witt's End Design (to take you directly to her shop...click on the name of the shop!) and it is absolutely adorable.  She is selling custom diaper cakes, onesies, and burp clothes, and she takes custom orders.  Seiden will be receiving many more things from my sweet Sis's shop...so excited you opened this Amie!!!  Seiden Grace...you are so very precious to us!  We could never put into words how much we love you.  We are counting down the weeks until we get to hold you in our arms and give you all the love that our hearts could ever pour out!!!

Seiden Grace at 28 Weeks:
  • You are 17 inches long and weigh 2.9lbs!!!
  • You are the size of a small cabbage!!!
  • Your beautiful skin is smoothing out as you continue to grow and put on that precious baby fat.
  • Your teeth buds formed weeks ago, but you are now forming buds for your permanent teeth in your gums as well.
  • Movement, sounds, light, and anything I eat has got you jabbing, kicking, doing somersaults, etc. because you are stronger and excitedly respond to all sorts of stimuli!
  • I love working out with you in the mornings.  You continuously do WODs with me (you always push on me...especially when we run!) and then when we get home, you practice your gymnastic routines by doing flips and somersaults!
  • You can now blink your beautiful eyes!
  • And...those beautiful eyes that we'll soon be staring into have now grown gorgeous lashes!
  • You are absolutely beautiful and perfect in every way and we love you with all our hearts!!!
Only 12 More Weeks To Go!!!

These are the burp cloths I bought from Amie of Witt's End Design on Etsy!  Seriously...they are the cutest things I've ever seen.  So stylish and, yet, so functional.  The fabric is designer fabric and the back is the softest of chenille fabrics.  You can't get any better than that!!!

All of our sweet friends and little brother (and parents who were taking the pic) who came to celebrate my birthday with me!  You made this day so special for me and I love you all so very much!!!
Me and my precious hubby after getting home from the birthday celebration!!!  Yes...I'm still wearing my 6 inch heals at 28 weeks pregnant...and don't think I won't be trucking into the hospital in them when it's time to deliver!!!
Our sweet Faith!  She's our beautiful little chocolate kiss!!!  Trying out our new camera on our favorite models...the lovies!!!

Oh Sarge!  He always thinks he's getting in trouble...then we told him he was getting a cookie and all was right with the world!
Precious Trigger!!!  She is definitely the best little model...she loves getting her picture taken!  She knows she's a star!
And of course we couldn't not take a picture of our precious, beautiful Seiden!!!  I can't believe how big she's getting!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment