Bubblegum Betty

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Do you like butter? Well...I LOVE a BUTTERNUT SQUASH!!! (Week 29)

Praise, PrAiSe, PRAISE!!!  My heart is just exploding with an overwhelming amount of happiness.  Cody and I both could never give God enough glory and praise for all He has done in our lives, but especially for the glimpse of healing that we saw on Tuesday at our doctor's appointment in Ft. Worth on Tuesday.  We had a two week check-up with Dr. Tabor and going into it, we were both so calm, had so much peace and comfort, and just knew that we were going to see something amazing on that sonogram and hear good news from Dr. Tabor's lips.  I have to say...I was getting agitated before the appointment...patience Melissa, patience!  Our appointment was at 10:30 and we finally got called back just a little before noon.  Every time I did start to get irritated (mainly because I was getting hungry!) I just reminded myself that God was healing our girl right there at that very moment.  And...maybe helping me to work on my patience :-)  When we finally did get called back, the sonogram technician came in right away and started our sonogram.  My goodness...Seiden has just grown so much!  They actually didn't measure he legs, tummy, or head this time.  Which is what they measure when they are figuring out how much the baby weighs.  But, she had her legs sticking straight out again and, I swear, they have gotten even longer!  She is definitely gonna be a runner...a girl's gotta take after her momma after all!  Her heart rate was 138, which is the lowest it's ever been.  But the sonogram tech. said that as they get bigger, their heart rate starts to slow down some, but that it was in a perfectly healthy normal range.  We got to see her perfectly beautiful, beating heart pumping every so strongly.  And all her other organs were simply perfect too.  We didn't really get a good picture of her face this time, the little princess was over it I guess.  She kept putting her hands over her face when the technician was trying to get a picture of her face or of her profile.  Do we have a little diva on our hands?!?  The last thing the technician did before she left was measure the amniotic fluid...which was perfect and right on track for 29 weeks!  So far, so good.  Now...we just had to wait on Dr. Tabor to come in and tell us about the cyst.

Thankfully, we only waited on him 10 minutes.  If it was even that long.  This was the first time that Cody got to meet Dr. Tabor in person.  He was able to make it to the appointment this week...which was wonderful!  The guys in Amarillo offered to watch the jobs that he had going on Monday and Tuesday, so he was able to be home for the entire weekend through Tuesday.  It was wonderful having him there!  Before Dr. Tabor came in, Cody laid his hands over my tummy and I laid mine over his and he just prayed.  He prayed for the doctors and he prayed for Seiden and he prayed for God just to show us a glimpse of His miraculous healing.  Such a sweet prayer for a daddy to say over his daughter.  My husband is amazing...I am so lucky to have him and that he will be the daddy of this precious baby girl.  When Dr. Tabor came in, we were excited he was there because we were ready for him to tell us what we already knew.  He started doing the sonogram and found the cyst under her precious little neck.  And then he said it...it hasn't gotten a single bit bigger from two weeks ago and she has definitely grown!  What wonderful news it was to hear out of his mouth!!!  He said that she just looked perfect and that it was absolutely amazing that the cyst hadn't grown.  We both think he was a little shocked at what he saw.  But, we knew who was behind it all and that His healing powers are greater than any doctor could ever describe.  Our King is the Great Physician after all!  Cody even said that when Dr. Tabor was entering the measurements for the cyst in the computer, that the numbers were actually smaller this time.  So...it actually got smaller!  Cody said he saw that 2 weeks ago the cyst was 3.08cm and this time it was 2.89cm.  Right before our very eyes we are seeing God perform a healing miracle on our precious baby girl.  Cody said he can't wait to tell her what all God has done for her one of these days...I agree!

After Dr. Tabor gave us the good news about the cyst, I asked him about going ahead and possible scheduling a date for the C-section.  I'm trying to get everything figured out for work as best I can so that my substitute will be as fully prepared as possible.  With lesson plans and making sure that everything else is covered with all the technology stuff, I just needed to be able to tell my principal and superintendent a tentative date.  And also because Dr. Tabor wants me to come to Ft. Worth 2 weeks before the scheduled date just so that I'm close if I happen to go into early labor (which isn't going to happen!)  He did say that he still wants to do an exit C-section at this point.  It's just less risky for Seiden  because at this point, the doctors still aren't sure if her breathing will be affected when she's born.  By doing the exit C-section, she will still be connected to me after they deliver her head.  So, I will still be supplying her with oxygen while they establish her breathing.  Which, we believe, will be just fine and she will only have to have a breathing tube...if anything at all.  So, after I asked him if we could go ahead and set a tentative date for the C-section, he looked at his phone and gave us a date!  OCTOBER 22nd!!!!!!!!  We are going to have a baby girl in our arms in 2 months...8 weeks...SO EXCITING!!!

Other news this week...I'm officially back to work!  In-service was all this week and it was a great week!  I think I'm just so excited for Seiden to be here that I'm really ready for school to start.  The sooner school starts, the sooner this precious girl will be here!  But, aside from being beyond excited for Seiden's arrival, it was really a great first week back.  I got a ton of stuff done.  From technology and computer stuff to making a serious dent in my lesson plans, I feel pretty accomplished and ready for the kiddos on Monday.  And not only did I get a ton of stuff done for school...but the other reason it was so great is because one of my dear, sweet friends threw us a diaper shower!  Our principal approved for it to be during in-service hours, so it was right after lunch in her classroom and we all had so much fun!  My mom made the trip to Blackwell so that she could be there too and then stayed up there with me and hung out for the remainder of the day.  We had fruit, yummy cookies, punch, and opened tons of diapers and wipes!  I am so blessed to work with such amazing and wonderful people...it is truly like a family.  We just sat around, ate, hung out, and talked for about an hour and a half.  And before it was over, I updated everyone on Seiden and the amazing news from the doctor the day before, and then one of the other teachers offered to pray over us and Seiden before we all went back to our classrooms.  Absolutely amazing.  I am just so thankful for each and everyone at school and am so blessed to get to work with such amazing people each and everyday.  I love my job!!!

And one final thing!  Since Cody was home all weekend and our appointment was on Tuesday, we decided to head to Ft. Worth on Monday afternoon after I got home from school.  Since he is in Amarillo, our plans for a babymoon kinda got put on the back burner.  Which, is totally fine, but also something we had been talking about when we first found out we were pregnant.  We never wanted to do anything extravagant.  Just go to Austin, San Antonio, DFW, or Fredericksburg for a long weekend or something.  He had wanted to surprise me and us go down Saturday morning and come home Tuesday after the appointment, but then I was telling him about starting school on Monday and that kinda squashed those long weekend plans!  So, we just made this our babymoon trip!  We got to Ft. Worth about 6:45 and headed straight to dinner.  I've talked about how much we both love BJ's Brewhouse before.  I mean...this place is amazing!  Every single thing on their menu is mouthwatering.  So, that's where we decided to go for dinner!  And it did not disappoint!  Cody got a BBQ sandwich and I got a Santa Fe Chicken salad...both so, so good!  After dinner, we ran into Babies R Us and just looked around at all the adorable baby things.  We actually didn't buy anything this time.  I know...such a shocker!  But we spent a good 45 minutes in there just walking around and looking at everything and spending extra time on all the adorable clothes.  Then, we headed back to the hotel, watched a movie, and called it a night.  I got up the next morning to go work out, then came back to the room, got ready, then went back down to get coffee, then came back and crawled back in bed and watched some morning TV.  Cody was already up, so we just relaxed a bit before we decided to head out.  Before we went to the hospital, we wanted to run in Super Target and look at all the baby stuff there too.  Can you tell we're obsessed?!?!?  We were in there for just a little bit, then headed to the hospital.  It's only like 5-10 minutes away from where we stayed and all the fun stores, but you never know with traffic.  But, we arrived in plenty of time, so I showed Cody around the parts of the hospital that we may be frequenting when we have appointments and such.  We also sought out the fitness center, you never know when that will come in handy!  All in all...this week was absolutely amazing!  I can't wait to go back to the doctor in 2 weeks and him be in even bigger shock and awe at how the cyst has gotten even smaller...or is completely gone!  We love you so much Seiden Grace!  Our hearts explode for you and knowing we will meet you in 8 weeks is the most overwhelming feeling of love that we could every explain.  We love you so much precious girl...you are a perfect gift from God!!!

Seiden Grace at 29 Weeks:
  • You are 3.1 pounds and are 17 inches long!
  • You are the size of a butternut squash!
  • Your brain continues to grow and develop and is now taking on some very characteristic grooves and indentations.  This allows for an increased amount of brain tissue which will help you for life outside my womb.
  • Your head also continues to grow to make room for your precious, developing bran.
  • Your bone marrow has taken over production of red blood cells, which means that you will be able to thrive on your own when you are born.
  • Your muscles and lungs are also continuing to mature.
  • You continue to amaze us each and every day.
  • You are growing and developing and just getting even more beautiful each and everyday.
  • You are so very active and I can even see my tummy doing waves and random jabs as you somersault and wiggle around inside of me.
  • We love you so much Seiden Grace!!!  We can't wait to meet you, hold you, kiss you, tickle you, and love you for the rest of our lives!!!
Only 11 More Weeks to Go!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment