Bubblegum Betty

Friday, March 8, 2013

CrossFit Open WOD 13.1


Well...I have officially completed the first WOD of the CrossFit Open.  13.1 did not disappoint.  Every CrossFitter across the world was in complete shock at this WOD.  It tests every aspect of the 10 CrossFit fundamentals.  Which are:

1.  Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance
2.  Stamina
3.  Strength
4.  Flexibility
5.  Agility
6.  Balance
7.  Coordination
8.  Accuracy
9.  Power
10.  Speed

Going into this WOD on Thursday morning, I knew it was going to be a challenge for me.  Snatches are NOT my strong suit.  In fact...they are probably my weakest Olympic lift.  My last max that I did was 85lbs.  So, I knew that if I got through the 20 burpees and onto the 30 snatches at 100lbs...there was probably no way I could do them.

That morning at CrossFit 325, I warmed up really, really good.  Then practiced a few snatches with the PVC pipe, then the empty bar just to make sure that I had my form down.  After that, Jeremy measured while I was standing straight up with my arm fully extended so that he could measure exactly 6 inches above my fingertips.  That would be my target for every single burpee.  If I didn't hit that target...you guessed it...no rep.  And then...it was time for 13.1 to begin.

Jeremy counted off: 3...2...1...GO!  And I was off!  I blew through the first 40 burpees.  Going non-stop and right into the first set of snatches at 45lbs.  I did the first 15 reps unbroken, then took a quick breather and was back at it to complete the last 15 reps.  Then, it was on to the 30 burpees.  I was a little slower on these 30.  I guess you could say I paced myself a little more.  But, I blew through them pretty quick and went unbroken on them as well.  After that, I had to change the weight on my bar to increase to 75lbs.  It took me longer than expected.  I couldn't get the grips off the bar!  After I got my weight changed, I began doing the 30 snatches at 75lbs.  This is where I really slowed down.  I had to do them one at a time.  I kinda felt like this would be my weak spot.  But, I just kept going until that timer went off and the 17 minutes was up.  I got through 24 reps of the 75lb snatches.  I officially completed 124 reps of the 13.1 Open WOD.  Not to bad for my first competing season!!!

I'm pumped for the next 4 WODs.  I have no doubt that they will be just as tough, if not tougher, than 13.1.  But, I'm ready and excited to be apart of the 2013 CrossFit Open!  CrossFit is absolutely amazing...I LOVE it!!!

Open WOD 13.1 - 124 reps
Weeks Pregnant - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment