Bubblegum Betty

Friday, February 1, 2013

Let the Games Begin!

Yep...I did it.  I signed up for the CrossFit Open!




Call me crazy...but I'm pumped about competing in the Open!  I have no idea if I will even make it out of the Open and advance to Regionals.  Honestly, I really don't think I will.  There are some amazing women out there who are phenomenal athletes and have been competing in the Games for a few years now.  But, I'm going to go into the Open and do my best...and if I make it to Regionals...then I will be beyond excited and shocked!  I plan on pushing myself harder than I ever have before and doing every single WOD RXd, even if I don't finish.  There will be a total of 5 WODs in 5 weeks.  So...from March 6th-April 7th I will be competing in the Open and trying to get my best times, highest number of reps and rounds, and max weight if there is a ladder type WOD.  You do 1 WOD per week, and you can do the WOD more than once if you feel like you can do better at it than you did the first time.  All you do is send in the video that is your best.  You have until Sunday at 5:00 pm of every to get your video turned in to the database.  What's going to be fun is that Cody, Brent, and Cameron are also going to compete in the Open from our box!  So we will have 4 athletes from CrossFit 325 competing in the Open!!!  Since there are two other boxes in Abilene, Crossfit Benedictus and CrossFit Abilene, we are going to rotate doing the WODs at each gym.  I'm not sure how many athletes from the other two boxes are going to compete, but I'm sure they will have several athletes as well.  It's going to be a blast and I'm looking forward to competing with other amazing athletes and pushing myself beyond what I ever thought my body could do!  I love CrossFit!!!

Here are some pics Jeremy took of me this morning during our WOD.  We did the main site WOD today:

3 RFT (Rounds for Time)

30 Pull-Ups
30 Dead lifts 155/135 lbs
30 Box Jumps 24/20  inch box



I did 135 lbs for dead lifts for the first round then dropped to 115 lbs the last two rounds.  I probably could have done 135 lbs the whole time...but my legs have been really sore and locked up this week from some other WODs we've done.  So, I decided to drop down in my weight.  It was one of those days that I kinda wished I wouldn't have lightened my weight, I could have done the 135 lbs the whole time.  I hate it when I do that!  I did use the 20 inch box and my time was 19:09.  And here is one more pic...it's the one I used for my athlete profile for the Open!  March 6th...here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment