Bubblegum Betty

Friday, June 22, 2012

Quality Time with My Sis!

This post is so, so late!  But better late than never so I say!  The last weekend in April I got to see someone very near and dear to my heart.  Well...two people actually!  My sweet friend...and big sis Amie and her precious little boy, Gavin, and I got to spend a whole Saturday together playing in Southlake Town Square!  I normally go and stay with Amie, Ryan, and Gavin for a few days during the summer.  But these past two years, I have gotten to go down and see Amie, and now Gavin for a quick visit on the last Saturday in April.  My Mimi has a huge doll collection and is in the process of selling the ones that she no longer likes. Well...Grapevine has this doll show the last weekend in April where vendors can come and set-up and sell some of their collectibles.  Amie and Ryan live in the metroplex, so while my mom and Mimi are selling dolls...Amie and I go shopping!  This time was no different!

Let me just tell you...Amie and I can do some serious shopping!  We have been known to tackle Northpark in an entire day...and get our Starbuck's fix while doing so!!!  Since these visits are shorter, we go to Southlake Town Square since it's close and has amazing shops and great places to eat.  Since Amie had Gavin last summer, he now gets to come with us and I get to love on him throughout the day...LOVE!!!  So, Amie picked me up at the Grapevine Convention Center and we headed off to start our day.  On this particular Saturday, the shopping center was having an art show/fair and so we walked around that for a bit before our tummies told us it was time to eat.  We decided on Corner Bakery...which never disappoints and then headed on to do some shopping!  It was such a beautiful day and it was so much fun walking around, shopping, and hanging out with each other and Gavin.  We got some cute things for us and for Gavin too!  Soon...we decided that we needed to get our gelato fix.  See, here's the thing with us two.  We love our Starbucks, gelato...and just food in general!  Plus, we work up such an appetite with all of our shopping we have to reward ourselves with delicious goodies!  Might as well treat ourselves all the way around!!!

I love this precious girl to pieces!  We have been so close ever since college when she was my big sis when I pledged Ko Jo Kai.  When we both got married, for a few months we both lived in the same townhouse neighborhood in Abilene and worked out together nearly everyday and also got together and visited at least once a week.  Now that she's in the metroplex, we try to see each other as often as we can.  So, this is always a good time to get a quick visit in before our annual girls get together in the summer.  Oh...we're also both teachers so there's lots of visiting throughout those months!  And this year, Gavin turns one!!!  I'm not sure where the time went, but I can't wait to get to celebrate his first birthday with this sweet family!  This precious little boy is so much fun to be around and every time I'm with them, I just fall more in love with the little guy!  He is so much fun and Amie is such a good mom!  The whole day we were shopping, he just chilled in his stroller, some of the time with his shades on!  I also got to sneak in some snuggle time when he was wanting to be held...he's just so sweet and fun!  Cody and I are so blessed to have friends in our lives that we call family, and this sweet family is definitely part of our family of friends!  Love you sis...can't wait for our summer get together!!!
I LOVE this little boy!  I could love on him for hours!!!

My sis, me, and G.  Love these two so, so much!!!

One cool dude!!!

Love this face!!!  This was at our gelato stop...he was having a ball!!!

We were in very deep conversation!  He was contemplating on chocolate or coffee gelato...it's a big decision for anyone to make!

Precious G!!!  This is one of my favorite faces he makes!!!  Love him and his sweet momma!!!

1 comment:

  1. awww LOVE this post sis! What a fun day... and even more fun to come in a couple of weeks!! LOVE YOU so much!!

    ReplyDelete