Bubblegum Betty

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas in my Classroom

I have the best students...EVER!  One of the best things about teaching in Blackwell...asides from my amazing co-workers...are my fabulous students.  I love them all so dearly and they each bring new light to my life.  They are so respectful, caring, funny, light-hearted, smart...well you get the drift!  I would really have to say that I work in teacher heaven.  Not too many teachers come to school every day looking forward to seeing the people they work with, their bosses, and their students.  And I think I speak for the majority of everyone at Blackwell when I say that we all enjoy coming to work everyday!  There's the occasional bad, stressful, or just plain yucky day  My job brings me so much joy.  I feel so blessed to work here and serve the Lord while teaching, learning, and laughing with these precious children of God. 
As you all know...I LOVE Christmas!  And, I'm not about to let my classroom go undecorated :-)  So, the Monday we came back from Thanksgiving break, it was time to bust out my classroom Christmas decorations.  I have three...yes three different tress.  All of which are pink!  Duh!!!  One is tiny...like 6 inches tall and a bright fuchsia pink...it just sits on the shelf not decorated.  I have another one that is made out of tinsel that has black feather ornaments, Eiffel Tower ornaments, Fleur De Lis ornaments, poodle ornaments, and crystal ornaments...it's my Paris theme tree!  It sits on my desk.  Then...I have a brand new four foot, baby, pink pre-light Christmas tree that I bought last year after all the Christmas decor went on sale.  I bought tons of white and silver ornaments for it and it made its debut in my classroom this year.  As I was getting everything out to be put up, it was time for my 7th graders to come to class.

Since I had already drug all my Christmas stuff out and they were coming into class, we spent the first 15 minutes of class decorating my tree!  I unboxed all the ornaments and put the hangers on them while a few of my girls and a couple of boys hung them on the tree.  I forgot to buy a topper for it...so one of my girls had the bright idea to put one of the silver sparkly ornaments on the top.  It looks so pretty and they did such a good job and were so helpful.  Sadly after the decorating was done it was time to get down to business and do some school work!  But not before we took some pictures!  Luckily...they were excited about the assignment they were doing because they were going to be making a Christmas poster!  Have I mentioned that I love this time of year?!?!?  I also love the fact that I can bring Christmas in my classroom with decorations as well as the projects and assignments that my kiddos create.  I love to see their creative skills shine through as they put their own spin on whatever we are working on.  I am so blessed to be able to get work here and be around amazing people all day long!

My 7th grade girls decorating my tree!
All finished!  They did an amazing job...love these girls!

My 7th grade class...these kiddos are such a joy to be around every day!
My freshman class...I've had these kids in my classroom since they were 7th graders.  They have all grown-up so much already and put a smile on my face each and every day!
My sweet Bre!  This girl is now a junior and was in my first class of 8th graders when I started here.  I've had her every year since and have watched her grow into a precious young lady...she's amazing!
My pretty tree all light up!

A close-up of my tree...I LOVE it!!!

My Paris themed tree that sits on my desk...so fun!!!  Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment