Bubblegum Betty

Friday, December 9, 2011

Addicted to Pinterest...DUH!!!

So...I have a new addiction.  It has sort of consumed 90% of my free time and kept me pre-occupied from doing my homework.  Well...I still wind up getting it all done...but it certainly is taking more motivation than it was before I found my new addiction!  I'm sure that most of you have heard of this amazing new website/craze.  It's called Pinterest.  You can find absolutely any little thing that you could possibly imagine on this website.  This is so much fun to play on and see all the many different recipes, fashion tips, outfit ideas, shower ideas, pictures...you name it...you can pin it!  Most of my friends have been members long before me and would always talk about how they had "pinned" this amazing new recipe, shower idea, new craft, etc.  But, one of my dear friends is the reason that I finally decided to take the plunge and join Pinterest.  Britain kept talking about how amazing Pinterest was and how she had found tons of awesome recipes and craft ideas to make for one of other best friend's up-coming baby shower.  She even found some shower decorating ideas to incorporate when the baby shower date came.  That night, I went home and requested to become a member so that I could dive right in!  You don't necessarily have to become a member to look at the pictures and go to the websites that are linked to those pictures.  But, if you want to "follow" people or save things to your pin boards, you have to be a member.  I highly recommend becoming a member!

It is truly so much fun to log on and see what people you are following have pinned.  There is also a section where you can click on categories and see what random people have pinned or created on their pin boards.  My favorite things to pin are recipes and things relating to fashion.  I've made a few recipes and they have all turned out amazing!  And...what I love about the fashion part of it is that people post these pictures of these adorable outfits that you can recreate from items you already have in your closet.  I've put together several new outfits from things that I already had in my closet, but would have never thought to piece together thanks to Pinterest!  I also created some fun boards for future ideas.  Like, things for little bambinos and even some fun picture ideas.  Some of the picture ideas I've pinned are ideas to tell people you're pregnant or announce if you're going to have a boy or girl.  People are so creative and it's fun to be able to use their ideas for your own personal use!  Once I'm done with school, I would really like to become more crafty.  Back in the day (like in high school and college) I would do all kinds of crafty things.  Lately, I just haven't found the time.  With teaching, school, spending time with Cody, family, friends, and just life in general (and maybe a little Pinterest), doing crafts is the last thing on my priority list.  But, I have always loved doing crafty things and Pinterest has re-kindled my crafty side!  There's also lots of fun things that I've found to do for Cody.  Just little fun ideas to say "I Love You."  Oh...and I've been "building" our dream home too!  Super fun!!!  Cody's started asking me if I'm pinning when he's watching football and I'm glued to my phone!  Don't get me wrong...I love football...but Pinterest is addicting!  And thanks to Apple and the glorious iPhone...Pinterest developed an app. that you can download so you can access it anywhere.  I'm having so much fun pinning and can't wait to see what else I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment