Bubblegum Betty

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Anyone can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a Daddy."

Oh how I love my Daddy!  My parents have been such amazing examples to me throughout my entire life in every single aspect.  My momma is my best friend and my daddy is my hero.  I am a major daddy's girl and that will never ever change no matter how old I am!  Anytime there is a day set aside to celebrate someone, it is super important to us.  Father's Day was no exception and we had so much fun that day with both of our dad's.  We all went to church at Beltway that morning and then went to Abuelo's for lunch.  I decided that we should grill out that night for dinner at our house.  So, as soon as we got home from church, I began cooking our Father's Day dinner.  We had all kinds of yummy stuff!  I mixed up two pounds of hamburger meat with seasonings and Cody grilled them out on the grill. I made homemade black bean burgers for my momma because she is a vegetarian.  And for the sides I made baked french fries and corn and avocado salsa.  For dessert, I finally decided to dare to make the Pioneer Woman's Milky Cake.  Yep...that's right...the one with 11 full size Milky Way bars in it!  It also has 3 sticks of butter in it...it's definitely not a healthy cake...but it sure did taste good!  It's one of  those cakes that you make for a special occasion or when you are going to have several people over because it makes a ton!  We had dinner around 6:00 and just spent time together.  Sitting around the dinner table as a family doesn't seem to be something that goes on much anymore. So, it is always such a joy to have both sides of our family over to eat and spend an evening together.  I look forward to the next time when we can have our families over for a meal and just relax and eat as a family.  We are so blessed to both have amazing dads in our lives that have been examples to us and loved us unconditionally.  Love you so much Daddy!
Me and my daddy on Father's Day...along with all the yummy food we cooked and all the ingredients to that delicious Milky Cake!  Yummy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady! I just found your blog through Dayna S's posted on FB. Fun to catch up on what you guys have been up to!!

    ReplyDelete