Bubblegum Betty

Monday, January 8, 2018

Spring Break 2017

I LOVE Spring Break!!!  Well...let's be real...I love any break that we get during the school year!  It's just so nice to be off work and take a break from our normal, busy, schedule and be able to sit back and take a break from our everyday, hectic lives.  We never really do anything, which sounds lame, but it's SO nice!  Plus, Cody has to work.  So, it would really be no fun for S and I to take some awesome vacation and him be stuck at home.  Maybe when she's older we can start a new tradition of going to Dallas and staying in a fancy hotel for a a night or two and going to the spa and do girly things.  But for now, we'll stay home and snuggle with the puppies, play dress up, make cakes, spend time with friends, go to the mall, snuggle, and do whatever else S wants to do!  Cody and I did take one day to ourselves and I took S to school.  We decided to go have lunch at the Beehive and then go see a movie in the middle of the day.  It was so nice to be able to spend a few hours together during the middle of the day.  We do that about once a year...during Spring Break.  Haha!  We should do that more...  Having a little one that's incredibly attached to her mama makes time alone with the hubs pretty hard.  And...let's be real...that mama is pretty attached to that little girl!  Any time I have off, I really just want to soak up all the time off I have with her because I know how quickly the time is going and there will be one day when it's Spring Break and she is going to be driving off to go do her own things with her friends.  So, for now, in this season, I'll spend my every waking (and sleeping) moments with her because she's my whole world!  I also love Spring Break because that means we are one step closer to summer.  And...there is nothing that a teacher loves more than SUMMER BREAK!!!  Needless to say...it was such a great break and I don't think I could think of a better way to spend Spring Break of 2017.  Here's to summer coming soon!




















No comments:

Post a Comment