Bubblegum Betty

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Seiden Grace...You are TWELVE Months Old!!! (10-19-14)


HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY SEIDEN GRACE!!!


My precious girl...you are TWELVE months old.  One year has gone by since you entered this world and changed our lives.  I can't imagine a single second without you.  We are just so blessed beyond measure that God chose us for you.  He entrusted us with your life and it has been the greatest joy ever imaginable.  You bless us everyday in more ways than we will ever know.  Your smile lights up a room and those big blue eyes of yours are just perfection.  I swear when you look at me you are looking into the depths of my soul.  There is so much love in your beautiful eyes.  You are full of love, strength, courage, determination, joy, happiness, and grace.  You amaze me everyday in all that you do, all you have conquered, and all that you bring to this family and our world.  One year old...I can't even believe it.

Our little princess is just doing SO much!  Sometimes it's hard to just keep up with her and all the changes she's going through!  She is getting her two front teeth.  You know the song..."All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth?"  Yeah...guess that's what she'll be getting!  We just took her to the dentist and Dr. Seth informed us that she is right smack dab in the middle of the worst part of getting them.  They are just about to break through the gums and the bones are doing a lot of moving.  So, she's going through a lot right now with those two big teeth coming in!  And...wouldn't you know that she is still just the happiest little girl?!?  I swear...this precious little angel has the highest pain tolerance.  Don't get me wrong.  There has been a little bit of whining and loss of appetite and TONS of drooling.  But, 99% of the time, you would never know she was teething.

She is saying TONS of words!  You can certainly understand about 13 specific words that she says and the rest of them...we can kinda make out or make up depending on what she's pointing to!  She says: mama, dada, Bella, Pa (for Opa), cup, ball, bite, pacy, puppy, book, buddy, bear, and bunny.  It's so fun and sweet to hear her say all these words.  She knows exactly what she's saying and associates the words to whatever person or object she's saying.  She will also look around to look for someone or something if you say where is______? and if she still doesn't see or can't find whatever you asked her, she will hold up one arm, like she's shrugging her shoulder to make the gesture like how we do.  So cute!  We have thought she was very smart for a long time.  But, it is so comforting when everyone else tells you how smart she is.  All her precious teachers at day care tell me all the time how smart she is and how much she's developing.  It's just such a wonderful feeling to know that your child is on track or a little more advanced in some areas.  All of her development and motor skills were things we didn't know how or if they would be affected by the cyst.  We knew from all the tests that all of her brain activity, heart, organs, hearing, eyes, etc. were functioning as they should and completely normal.  But, we didn't know how her developmental and fine motor skills would be until she started getting to the point where she should be developing them.  Now that we are here, it is very clear that she is doing perfectly fine, right on track with where she should be, and just as smart as she can be.  Praise God for another answered prayer!

The little miss has also decided to take a couple of steps here and there.  I have yet to see her do this though!  Little stinker has done it at home and I have been out of the room both times.  Figures!  At least Cody got to see her do it!  And...they told me at her day care she's taken one here and there.  But, that she mainly walks around the room holding on to various objects while she walks around.  She's just not brave enough just yet.  I can't decide if I'm sad or excited about it.  Both, really to be honest.  Her continuous development is just another living proof of God' miraculous healing powers.  I know pretty soon, she will just be so confident in herself and take off.  And then, I will truly be the mommy to a beautiful toddler.

And...she just loves to play!  She is such a happy baby girl.  She is very rarely ever upset or mad.  Really...she just mainly gets whiny.  If she's really sleepy or uncomfortable is when we really see it. Even when she's sick, she's never upset, has a bad attitude, or is really fussy.  She just goes with the flow.  Such a good girl!  I will say...she has developed some sass.  Wonder where she gets that from?!?  If she really wants something and can't figure out how to get to it or she isn't getting it fast enough, she has learned how to throw a little fit.  It's nothing outrageous.  But...it is definitely a fit!  The face she makes while doing it is hilarious.  The whole things lasts less than 15 seconds.  As soon as she gets where she was wanting to go or gets what she was wanting (usually a toy, pacy, food, and sometimes to be picked up) she's totally fine and back to her giggly little self.  In fact, she usually giggles, laughs, and smiles after said fit throw.  Oh my...she is her mother's daughter!   Anyways...she loves to play!  She plays with all her toys.  Her favorites are her Fisher Price Little People, all her stuffed animals, play purse (she puts it over her arm with Little People inside and says, "bye bye" and proceeds to crawl out of the room), play phone (if we say, "hello...can seiden play?"  she will hold the phone up to her ear...no lie!), tea cart walker...a little walk behind toy (she pulls the teapot off and fills up the tea cups and makes a swishing sound like she's pouring tea...I showed her this one time and she now does it all the time), stacking cups, baby dolls, and any stuffed animal.  She also loves to play with her puppies.  When Trigger gets close, she will open up her mouth for some Trigger sugars and gets super excited and sequels and giggles.  She loves to pat Faith.  We will say, "pat the Puppy," and she, ever-so-lovingly, pats Faith.  It's so sweet.  I'm so glad that they love each other so much.  They are so good and sweet to her, they love and protect her.  And she loves them and loves to be around them.  Precious!

I just can't believe how fast it's all happening.  Everyone tells you how fast time flies when you have kids.  But, you just never understand how true that is until you experience it for yourself.  One short year ago, I walked in to the hospital in full on labor.  It was about 9:45 in the morning and I remember it all as if I was going through it in this very moment.  The sweet nurses who checked me as soon as I got changed into a hospital gown and I can still see the look on their faces burned into my memory.  I was completely dilated and ready to push.  The entire medical team was not even ready.  My scheduled c-section wasn't scheduled for another 3 days, but Seiden was coming now.  I was immidiatley taken to labor and delivery and began getting prepared for surgery.  Cody was on the phone calling my family, his sister, and our friends to let them know that Seiden would be here that day.  October 19, 2013.  The doctors on call began rushing around getting everything lined out and filled in with Seiden's condition.  And, then I was wheeled back to an operating room.  The next thing I knew, I was a mommy.  She was born at 10:50 am.  I woke up a couple hours after my surgery and Cody showed me pictures of her.  She was so beautiful and so perfect.  A gorgeous little 6 pound 11 ounce, 21.5 inches long baby girl who we call our daughter was staring back at me in the picture.  I hadn't got to meet her yet, but I knew she was something amazing.  She entered this world with a voice, she was strong, courageous, and ready to take on anything.  She's been through so much this past year.  More than I feel like I've been through in my entire life.  She has defied odds, changed lives, been a living proof of the power of prayer and God's healing powers, and continues to amaze us each and everyday.  I still can't believe that God chose us for her and entrusted us with her life.  She is just such a blessing to us and I fall more and more in love with her everyday.  I don't think I could ever express the love I have for her or the way she makes me feel.  As I've been typing this post, I have laughed, smiled, cried, and just been so overjoyed by even just the thought and memories of her.  She completes me and our family and brings more joy, laughter, smiles, snuggles, cuddles, hugs, kisses, and just so much love than I could have ever imagined possible.  Little princess...thank you for being our daughter.  Thank you for coming into our lives and making us whole.  Thank you for making this past year the best year of our lives.  I know that every year will just bring even more memories, laughs, smiles, snuggles, cuddles, hugs, kisses, fun, and joy.  I absolutely can't wait to see what God has in store for your precious life.  You are amazing, wonderful, smart, beautiful, funny, loving, kind, strong, determined, courageous, and just simply perfect.  We love you so much Seiden Grace!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment