Bubblegum Betty

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Travels and Amazing Friends

I have to say that this has been one of the most fun summers that I've had so far!  We have been super busy...but have spent lots of time traveling to see friends out of town as well as spending time with our friends here in Abilene.  We have been to many weddings, wedding showers, and even a baby shower for one of my VERY best friends!  I would really consider the friends that we have more like family.  We share everything together and even have family dinners with our friends that live here in Abilene.  Some people have dinner parties...we have family dinners!  They are super fun and we always love getting together and laughing, telling stories, and just spending some quality time together.  In fact, we just had a family dinner at our house this past weekend and I'm already looking forward to the next one!  The girlfriends that I have are more like sisters to me.  I love each and every one of them and I know they would do anything for me just like I would do anything for them.  We turly do have AMAZING friends!!!

We have also gotten some AMAZING news from one of our closest friends.  They are pregnant!!!!  I have talked about them before, they are our friends that lived with us for a little while last summer, Brent and Bria.  They have been through so much here lately.  Bless their hearts, they have had several miscarriages and when we found out they were pregnant again, we just dropped to our knees and prayed.  They have had two sonograms and they baby has a healthy heart beat and they are all doing great!  This sweet little peanut has been prayed over and prayed for and we just look forward to the day when this little blessing arrives.  Speaking of babies...one of my besties is due in 2 weeks!  I just got back from spending our annual girls weekend full of shopping, eating, laughing, and talking together.  She just looks so precious...you can't even tell she's pregnant from behind!  Sweet little Gavin is due on July 11th and I can't wait to meet that precious little boy!  Amie and Ryan are going to be such amazing and precious parents and little Gavin is so lucky to be coming into their family.

Amie and I are both teachers and so every summer we get together for a few days during the week and just have girl time.  They live in the Metroplex and so it is always fun going up there and exploring all the great things the big city has to offer!  I am always glad to get home to my family...but I terribly miss her and getting to go to all the fun places that Abilene doesn't have.  We had SO much fun though...just like we always do!  I got there on Sunday right before dinner and left yesterday a little after lunch.  We spend Sunday evening just talking, laughing, and talking about little Gavin.  Monday is our official shopping day...which we always do at the fabulous Northpark Mall in Dallas!  But first...we laid out by the pool and then went and had lunch at a fun French bistro, La Madeline, and then off to Northpark we went!  We spent most of the day just window shopping and getting a few necessities and then we decided to see what Neiman's had to offer.  I'm sort of a shoe-a-holic...so I was in for some trouble!  I did find a pair...and I definitely got them!  I got an adorable pair of Christian Louboutin's...and they were even on sale!!!  So, I had to get them!  But, we did take a lot of time to think about getting these fabulous pair of shoes!  We spent our time thinking having some ice cream, cookies, shopping a little more, and then finally deciding that I just couldn't pass up a pair of Louboutin's that were on sale!  So, now they have a nice new home in my closet until they make their debut on my feet!  When we left the mall  it was dinner time so we went and got sandwiches from Which Which and then went back to Amie and Ryan's to watch the Bachelorette.  But....we had to make brownies first!!!  After the show was over, we talked some more and then went to bed.  Then...my last day was here :-(  We got up and went to Dunkin' Donuts for coffee, came back and talked some more, and then got ready and went to lunch at another French bistro called Mimi's Cafe.  It was SO good and we had SSSOOO much fun!!!  We never run out of things to talk about and we have spent a lot of today texting each other about the weekend and about how we can't wait to see each other again!  The next time I'll see that sweet  girl she'll be a momma!!!  AHHH...I CAN'T WAIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment